Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Default AA - What Should I Have Done Differently?

<font color="PURPLE">I had been playing at the table for a while and it was a fairly loose table. Anyways, this is what happened....</font>

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

<font color="PURPLE">I put UTG+1 on A/K, but wasn't sure about MP2, I thought that I would wait until the turn to raise hoping to push out any draws. Should I have raised on the flop instead?</font>

Turn: (7.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (13.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

<font color="PURPLE">I checked on the river because I figured with both of them calling my raise on the turn, my overpair was probably beat. Either way, if a two-bet on the turn wouldn't chase them away, I doubt that a bet on the river was going to.</font>

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG+1 has Qc Kc (one pair, kings).
MP2 has As 9s (straight, ten high).
Hero has Ah Ac (one pair, aces).
Outcome: MP2 wins 13.25 BB. </font>

<font color="PURPLE">I'm not sure if raising the flop would have pushed out MP2 before the river. Should I have done anything different, or just mark this down as an unlucky river? Thanks for taking the time to read this.</font>

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Re: AA - What Should I Have Done Differently?

Raise the flop. Get into a war with AK while there is a poor soul trapped in the middle.

And we are betting the river from now on I hope. Tough misclick. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Brad
Old 01-01-2005, 06:31 PM

Definitely bet the river.
Old 01-01-2005, 06:34 PM

the table is loose, so raise the flop and bet the river.

oh and dont post the results please.
Old 01-01-2005, 06:35 PM

I would have folded pre-flop. (just kidding!)

I would have definitely raised the flop. Knowing me, I would have checked that river as well as we now have 4 to a straight on board, but my river aggression is low and this could be the reason why. So don't take that as being the proper play. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Oh btw guys, what do you do when you bet this river and are check/raised?
Old 01-01-2005, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Knowing me, I would have checked that river as well as we now have 4 to a straight on board.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my thinking. On another board, I would have bet the river, but here I honestly thought I was beat. My thinking was I'd rather win the pot by checking and keep the bet if I was wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] LOL [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Before you all start yelling at me, that was just the feeling on this hand, normally I would bet the river. Thanks for all the advice though, it does help.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2005, 06:44 PM

I lost with AA the 1st four times I had them. I figured that they were a chip burner in EP so I started folding them.

Then I got a message from Party Poker one day after I folded AA after someone raised preflop with KK. He flopped a set and I would have lost a big pot. They banned me until I started playing them again, and my winrate dropped from 5 BB/100 to -1BB/100. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Oh and happy new year [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Brad
Old 01-01-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I lost with AA the 1st four times I had them. I figured that they were a chip burner in EP so I started folding them.

Then I got a message from Party Poker one day after I folded AA after someone raised preflop with KK. He flopped a set and I would have lost a big pot. They banned me until I started playing them again, and my winrate dropped from 5 BB/100 to -1BB/100. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Oh and happy new year [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

"Party Poker Cracked" rules baby! Buy it, use it, live by it! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2005, 07:36 PM

Not raising this flop most likely cost you the pot. You already had PF aggression so no reason to slowplay. Even without the aggression slowplay is rarely the proper play.
Old 01-01-2005, 07:41 PM

bet the river.