Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 12:27 PM

Default 10-20 -- Giving free cards right, left and center

10-20 NLH on line -- 5 handed

This hand is interesting to me because nothing really happened. I have good reads on all the players, and I think that the reads are very important here, so I will be as detailed as possible.

SB is not a good player, and he is the reason that I am playing. His main flaw is that he calls WAY too many rivers with marginal holdings. He bluffs very rarely and has somewhat below average aggressiveness with strong holdings. When he gets it all in the middle (which he is not afraid to do), he often is doing so as a caller, not a raiser. He has about $3500.

BB ($2200) and UTG ($1900) are very similar players. Both have a lot of gamble in them, and play higher stakes games regularly. Both players are aggessive, potentially tricky, and often too wild for their own good. They are capable of big bets (including raises or reraises) with solid hands, air or something in-between. Because of their wildness, I'm not even certain that both are winning players, but they are both very dangerous and know how to play.

I probably have a "tight, reasonable" image supported by a couple of sensible value bets into the SB with strong holdings.

Preflop

UTG limps, MP folds and I limp with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB raises to $80. BB calls. UTG calls and I reluctantly call as well on the Button.

Flop

It's a good one for me. A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. All three players check to me. I check behind.

Turn

A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. All three players check to me. I check behind.

River

3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. All three players check to me. I bet $150.

I think that my play probably is questionable on every street, but I don't see a perfect line for this hand.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: 10-20 -- Giving free cards right, left and center

meh, raise preflop, bet flop.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: 10-20 -- Giving free cards right, left and center

I don't understand why you kept checking behind. If you are going to make that call, you should be trying to get value when you get such a favorable flop. I would 2/3 pot on the flop.