Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 10:04 PM

Default Lyle Berman\'s book

I just saw this book at the bookstore and it looked very interesting. There is very extensive coverage of the history and origin of the WPT - which I am sure everyone would agree is the key thing that launched poker mainstream.

It's always interesting to read something outside of the standard strategy book.

Has anyone bought and read it?

Would appreciate some thoughts.

p.s.
I couldn't find a review on this book with the search option - I typed in +berman -re (please let me know if I did the search wrong)
link to Berman's book - I'm All In
Old 12-05-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Lyle Berman\'s book

Does he include his strategies on how to make sure your company's stock tanks?

OK, I know I'm being hard on Lyle... after all I never took a company public and he has. I guess my point is that if I were him, I wouldn't want to release a book when I am in the middle of a stockholder crisis. Funny thing is I would actually like to read it, I find him to be a very shrewd and interesting character.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 10:51 PM

I was flipping through it at the bookstore today .. do not expect any pokeradvice, but is proberly an ok read. (It read like most of those book, whether its Doyle telling his story, Amarillo Slim i a world of fat people or ... )
Old 12-05-2005, 11:04 PM

Yeah..based on what I had skimmed through..it actually looks like a very fascinating read and is probably worthwhile for the bathroom or by the night table.

I know he's got his problems to sort out but you do have to admit that he has helped making poker mainstream which has benefited the industry.