Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 06:00 AM

Default Biggest poker networks

Is there any statistic or list of the size of the different poker networks? I always played at the party network with my eurobet rakeback deal, but now eurobet changed to pokerroom, and i like the software less and there's fewer players. So I want to find another site that offers much of what party did, but with the possibility for rakeback.

I've heard about UltimateBet and PrimaPoker, but I don't know how big they are. Are there any sites you would recommend, preferably with a big number of players so that when I play fullhanded and people leave, there's always new people sitting down.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:46 AM

Default Re: Biggest poker networks

http://www.pokerpulse.com/ for a ranking of the poker sites.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:05 AM

Well, PokerStars is the second biggest, but no rakeback there. PokerRoom + skins (called the Ongame Network now) is number three, virtually tied with Paradise. Then comes UB, Pacific, Prima pretty close, and after that the smaller sites (FullTilt, Bodog etc). Of course followed by the truly small (but don't go there...)

When it comes to new people sitting down when others leave, that has very little to do with the size of the network (once a certain size). It's just the way tables live their life - people fill it up, some win, some lose, some leave and sometimes no one else sits down (i.e. it's not a good game anymore, why would they sit down?)

The Quirky Kirko
Old 11-30-2005, 04:33 PM

Oh well, seems my Eurobet deal is still the best alternative then as the top 2 don't offer rakeback.

When I'm 4-tabling i prefer that the tables are full so that I won't have to rethink strategy but can just play on the "flow". On party this was never a problem, but now that Eurobet changed from Party to PokerRoom the tables often get less crowded and stay that way. So I assumed it was related to size of the network.