Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 06:05 AM

Default Re: 60k in 60 days, days 1 and 2

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In all honesty dave, i think you need to remember you are playing 10-20 and not 150-300. These players think playing is good is folding when they are "clearly beat because what would you donk on this river that you raised PF that doesnt beat 67" whereas you are used to playing against players who know how wide your range is and autocall any pair on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
totally disagree...
the players in the PP10/20 FVCKIGN SUCK... they are incredibly horrible. the majority of them will call river w/ A2.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. he is getting called by acehihg if he bets here by 90% of the players in the game.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:25 AM

i am glad that i could help in some way. it is really easy for poker to get you [censored] up in someway and it does suck and is hard to put the ego aside and short yourself/poker out. but it is necessary, all i can say is i will never make the same mistakes again, and i will try to learn from all of this in some way. good luck and i hope everything works out, i am sure it will.
dave
Old 12-16-2005, 07:26 AM

i have to agree with you flawless, no over is ever folding anyhting ever.....but what do you think about the river call? what if it were an 80 ub game?
dave
Old 12-16-2005, 01:15 PM

i've played a huge amount of hands in this game and I'm pretty sure flawless, Victor and Josh are right that nobody is folding a pair ever
Old 12-16-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyways i will stop rambling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for everyone else, but I like it when these things are as long winded as possible when coming from someone of your skill level.

I enjoyed this first post and I'm really interested in your continuing thoughts about the state of the 10/20 6max game.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the value of getting hands like 44, 57, 67 to incorrectly fold is more valuable than inducing a bluff from a naked 7. You might also run into a "solid player who doesnt pay off" who will fold an 8 from time to time.

[/ QUOTE ]
No one in the history of Party 10/20 6max has ever folded any of those hands to this river bet.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:09 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

i had no clue you would be doing this the way you are. i assumed it would basically be a report of how you did every few days or so. i think that sort of thing belongs here even if you are playing mid-high shorthanded. i also had no idea you switched names but tahts my fault for assuming there wouldnt be a ton of interest there. anyway, if you want to move it back to hush, i would love for it to be there. if not, then im sorry that i came off as a prick (the tone of what i wrote was not how i intended for it to be. ive had a rough few days and have been short tempered in general), and im sorry that i lost the opportunity for this to be there.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:11 PM

i think the checkcall on that river is a big loser.

i also think checkcalling is far greater than donking because the opponent will often check down a small pair after the scare cards hitting.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:35 PM

I am not endorsing donking the river, but just think about this: how would you know if they're folding a pair, ever? You will only know when they call you with a pair, and it is a logical fallacy to then deduce that they're always calling with any pair.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have to agree with you flawless, no over is ever folding anyhting ever.....but what do you think about the river call? what if it were an 80 ub game?
dave

[/ QUOTE ]
ya, in the 80 its quite marginal either way, but i dont like the call, only cause those playrs are smart enough to VB the riv w/ a small pair... when un unknown 10/20 continues player betting after QK hits the board, suspicioun is warranted... also those guys make nonstop retarded bluffs... just ridiculous stuff. i think your play is fine here...