Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 10:50 PM

Default Re: wrestling moves

[ QUOTE ]
The "hip toss" works well on n00bs... I used it in high school all the time.

Also the duck under.

I really don't want to explain these, but if you don't know how to do them, i'll try.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be sweet.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Creative stuff guys, anyone have any real advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

learn some brazilian jujitsu
Old 09-26-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
armbar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you referring to the armbar takedown? I googled it and that's what i came up with. Any advice on how and when I could implement this into a jungle rules wrestling match?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is how you do it: Armbar
Old 09-26-2005, 01:29 AM

Get him in a full Nelson, which is perhaps one of the most legitimately painful moves in all of (real) wrestling, when executed properly.

There's a reason they've got that dumbass on TV doing it all the time. He's too big and stupid to do anything else, but it actually does work.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well he basically called me a pussy for choking him out.

[/ QUOTE ]
HA! What a whiner! Tell him if he was a real man he wouldn't have allowed himself to be choked out.

Otherwise, how are you going to "win"? Just standard 3 sec pin? Kinda boring if you ask me...

[/ QUOTE ]

He wants straight pinning to determine the winner. I had to hassle him to allow submission holds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Backyard wrestling should only end with a tapout or by agreement of observers that one guy is done (not making any effort to get up or escape). Your friend is a bitch and you should choke him like Wayne Brady would choke a bitch.

InchoateHand and I used to wrestle in our backyard and most matches ended with a chokeout.

(Let the mindless gay jokes commence).

NT
Old 09-26-2005, 01:30 AM

Umm.... learn to wrestle? Grappling is surprisingly easy to learn, particularly if your opponent is uninitiated.

Also, if he was challenging you to "wrestle," in western terms that means to a pin, not to a submission. Choking him out would have been bad form. The only style of western submission wrestling is Catch-As-Catch-Can, which is rare to say the least.

Otherwise, basic Jiu-jitsu chokes are easy. You can learn to use them against an untrained opponent from the Internet and a buddy to drill with.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:13 AM

The dog in the bathtub.

Try the dog in the bathtub.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Get him in a full Nelson, which is perhaps one of the most legitimately painful moves in all of (real) wrestling, when executed properly.

There's a reason they've got that dumbass on TV doing it all the time. He's too big and stupid to do anything else, but it actually does work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, try the Father Nelson.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:49 AM

Well i will try to be serious for you as everyone else has just made the standard gay comments.

So in real wrestling the object is to pin the guy and put him on his back. All of the submission talk goes right out of the window.

So how do you do this? It is kinda hard to explain through words, so I would suggest looking up some moves on the internet or maybe checking out a book from the library.

The key is controlling the other guy and to do that you really need to keep your weight on him.

Some quick tips.

Standing/Neutral position. Stay low and be athletic. If you are going to go for a leg then go for a leg. Don't do some half ass attempt. Dive in there and get the damn leg. The two easiest moves are a double leg takedown and a single leg take down.

With teh double leg make sure your head is on the outside, lift and turn him to the groun.

With the single leg you want your head on the inside, grab the leg and stand up...then there are a variety of ways to take him down from there. If nothing else just kick his other leg from underneath him [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Then when you are on the ground and if he is on top the best thing is to control his hands and to stand up and face him. Also never reach back as this will screw you. Just try getting away and start standing up.

When you are behind him on hte ground you need to keep your weight on him and control his hands. also wrapping up a leg with your leg (grapevine) is a nice way to control him for a bit.

GL
Old 09-26-2005, 04:34 AM

Thanks great post. This is exactly what I was looking for. Any advice for when he is on all fours and I am on the offensive.

If the position is reversed and I was on all fours I think I would be pinned pretty fast.