Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2004, 02:07 AM

Default Some fundamental differences.

A lot of new people here since I last posted in this forum.

One thing to bear in mind when reading my posts (as will become apparent, if it isn't already) is that I believe in getting into the money then 'getting lucky'.

In the long run, this EV is very similar to that of those who play well 'to win', but may result in discussions between myself, and people such as Jason which on the face of it say totally opposing things, but are actually both correct within your adopted course of play.

One of THE most important things in a SNG is to have a plan, it is no use, for instance, randomly throwing in a raise with A8o on one orbit when you have chips because Jason said you should, and then folding it on the next because I said you shouldn't.

The reasons behind both plays are usually posted, and you should consider WHY you are making this move at a given time.

This will explain some apparently totally opposite views on the matter and it is the reasons you should try to understand rather than just making the plays (I have posted rants on this issue in the past in SS and micro forums)

Lori