Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2005, 09:08 AM

Default pocket 10 fold= bad, right, just plain stupid??

straight 2 nofoldem where most stay to the river.. i have pocket 10's [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] preflop 8 players go to $6
flop comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], i raised, was reraised TWICE, bet ended up at $6 for everyone to go to the next round...
turn is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
i raised, was reraised TWICE AGAIN, and.. FOLDED, when it was just $4 to call
river was a 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
i folded a full house.. all the raisers where on draws that MISSED.. this was a table where practically every hand that i had seen was MADE on the river there where flush possibility, straight possibilty, even a straight flush possible.. was i correct in folding top pair in the facxe of all this? was i just too scared? should i have made it $8? after this hand my game just fell apart and was in no mind set to continue..
Old 04-16-2005, 10:24 AM

Default Re: pocket 10 fold= bad, right, just plain stupid??

With only $4 left to call into what must have been a massive pot you have the odds to draw to your full house, poor fold.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Re: pocket 10 fold= bad, right, just plain stupid??

i have a SERIOUS problem on draws, if i dont have my hand by the turn, im folding, without regard to pot odds, and i should pay more attention to this, but its almost automatic that i fold.. thanks for you input though, and ill have to work on that aspect of my game..
Old 04-16-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Re: slight correction on the hand

after the flop i BET ($2 was first to bet after button check) and was raised twice
Old 04-16-2005, 11:17 AM

You need to tell us more about the game you were playing in, examples: online or live, Big blind and small blind, and the other things you know about the people at your table.

brophy
Old 04-16-2005, 11:34 AM

sorry.. its a live game, i was big blind, the players in the game fish to the end, but heres the thing when they are just fishing they bet$2, and start the raising on theaws, and a reraise is usually someone with a made hand