Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-26-2005, 05:15 AM

Default Curtains 1: AKs from the blinds

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t855)
CO+1 (t975)
MP3 (t1060)
MP2 (t1000)
MP1 (t1030)
UTG+1 (t1140)
UTG (t1000)
Hero (t1000)
SB (t970)
Button (t970)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, CO+1 calls t15, <font color="red">CO raises t30</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, Hero calls t15, CO+1 calls t15

Flop: (t100) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t80</font>, <font color="gray">CO+1 folds</font>, CO calls t80

Turn: (t260) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero...
Old 12-26-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Re: Curtains 1: AKs from the blinds

This is an interesting hand from start to finish...
Old 12-26-2005, 05:22 AM

I would re-raise preflop. Is this a leak?
Old 12-26-2005, 05:23 AM

Oh man, that can't be a good turn card for us. I'm putting the brakes on. Call me weak tight. What are we ahead of here other than some random PP? Check-call a small bet, fold to any real heat.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:24 AM

I agree I was gonna post the rest later...but your probably right, best to see in entirety.

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t855)
CO+1 (t975)
MP3 (t1060)
MP2 (t1000)
MP1 (t1030)
UTG+1 (t1140)
UTG (t1000)
Hero (t1000)
SB (t970)
Button (t970)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, CO+1 calls t15, <font color="red">CO raises t30</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, Hero calls t15, CO+1 calls t15

Flop: (t100) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t80</font>, <font color="gray">CO+1 folds</font>, CO calls t80

Turn: (t260) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: (t260) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t125</font>, <font color="red">CO raises t250</font>, Hero...
Old 12-26-2005, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would re-raise preflop. Is this a leak?

[/ QUOTE ]

No its not.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:53 AM

I think this hand becomes much easier with a PF re-raise to about 75-100ish. As it stands, the flop bet is mandatory...I was thinkin checkraise but I use that way too much, and a free card can be disastrous, plus it doesn't give you that much more info.

The turn card is friggin scary, but I think you gotta announce that you like you're hand here and put in another 150 or so. After that, I think i'm done with it.

How's your line if he bets out on the turn? Edit: Say 150-175 for instance.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:55 AM

Umm...I dunno its a tough situation. It would depend how I felt, I'd either fold or flat call, with the intention of checking the river and folding to a bet. The thing is that if he has just an ace he will often check behind on the river (thinking that his ace is good), so I can find out if my hand is good cheap. Anyway I have to think about this hand more....But for now I gotta goto sleep [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2005, 06:12 AM

This hand makes my head hurt.

I have no idea what a min-raise after a limper could possibly mean at the 215 level.

However, if he is ahead of you after the turn(two pair or a set) that board seems way too dangerous for him to give you a free card given that he assumes you have some piece of it since you took the lead on the flop.

I would have probably checked the river and called any bet.

I have to call his raise on the end.

Then I probably bang my head against my monitor and mutter something about sucking at poker......
Old 12-26-2005, 12:06 PM

I don't play a whole lot on line anymore, and I did play at the lower levels. The miniraise in that spot is odd. It is hard to interpret. What I've noticed a lot when I play is that people will mini raise w/AK. But I'm at a loss about what your opponent has here after seeing how the betting developed to this point.