Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Any way to get away from this?

Or was it a mistake to even get in the hand?

I was playing in the $1/2 NL 6 Max. game at Noble,
..... I had just run my stack from $50 to $135, and was going to quit and get ready for the $3000 tournament. I said to myself one more orbit and unchecked the "Autopost" box. In the SB I get 10 3os, all intentions were to fold, but everyone limped in, so I was getting 6-1 on my money, so I called the extra .50 figuring I could see a flop cheap and get out easily.....
Flop comes 337. I'm like YEA...... I was going to slow play it, but with that many players, I decided to bet out. It was checked to me and i bet $3. Got everyone out but 2. the BB and the guy to my right. Turn is a K, checked to me, and I check as well. River is an 8. BB bets $3, guy on my right raises $3, I reraise to $12, BB folds. Guy on my right pushes his last $75 all-in. I figure him for QK giving him 2 pair, and call........ He shows K3. I almost puked. He played me like a fiddle.

How would you play it? Not even get in? uuughhh, that hand has been bothering me for over a week..

I keep telling myself I had to see the flop, but am I wrong?
-------------------
MacExcelsior
No commercial URLs, please
$ 1.00 Poker Pixels
Old 11-27-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Any way to get away from this?

Unfortunate, how did it get checked to you on the flop when your in the SB? I think I would be worried about my kicker when the villain pushes his whole stack in. It's real tough though to get away from trips. Obviously you like your chances better with a set.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Moderator(s) notified In a moment you will be automatically returned to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-27-2005, 08:00 PM

DON'T rereraise. What do you think he can call you with where you are in front? Call his raise. You might be in front even thuogh it is doubtfull in this situation. If you are in front you take a nice pot. If you reraise him you get in a situation where he will fold when you are in front and he will push/call when you are behind - giving your self a tuff call. This is a VERY easy fold. But simply, call - don't reraise. You kicker is very weak and you could even be up against 77, KK, 88 where you are beat aswell - these hands are doubtfull but possible. You clearly overplayed this hand.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:01 PM

Next time, dont post the result - this will give you some more objective comments.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:39 PM

anyone (good) giving you action on a 33x board has included the possibility of you having a 3