Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 06-07-2005, 12:19 PM

Default Re: My neighbor threatens to sue me

[ QUOTE ]
I assume that you're extorting a lot of money out of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Not interested in his dough. I've made it clear to him throughout this whole thing that we don't want to continue any relationship with him after this deal is done. Once we get this completed, he will have no more interest in our side of the neighborhood and I suspect we won't hear from him again. That will be better than money, plus his subdivide is going to jack up my property value, so there's my pile of cash right there.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Again, don't mess around, get an attorney.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bad advice. I can't tell you how many times I have been threatened and spent endless amounts of money on legal fees only to find out it was just alot of hot air.

Wait to see if you are served and then take action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please. Don't be an idiot.

The neighbor already has an attorney who has presented "Ripdog" with a contract. Its clear something is already underfoot and Ripdog's property rights are at stake. Obviously, Ripdog should not sign any contract regarding his property without having it reviewed.

Well, it so happens, Ripdog did get avice regarding the contract, which was smart.

On the other hand, had Ripdog ignored this situation and forced a (potential) lawsuit, he would have passed up an easy chance at getting a favorable settlement. Remember, his neighbor was knocking at HIS door, therefore, Ripdog had the leverage.

... Doesn't hurt to see what the fuss is about.

Once the lawsuit starts, the neighbor may already be "tied to the pot" and would have no choice but to see it through.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:36 PM

i am involved in prescriptive easments alot. unless he has a recorded easment he may likely lose in court especially if he has any other access. he is in a hurry because you cant get title insurance or sell most parcels without legal access. i wouldnt be in a hurry to make a deal as it may force him to use the other access leaving this guy out of the use of the one.
unless i knew i would lose in court i would never give away access for free. if ripdog loses in court most likely he will only lose what he has lost already.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:29 PM

Default Rebuttal

[ QUOTE ]
My neighbor threatens to sue me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell him to put it in his pooper.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Rebuttal

exactly right [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2005, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You obviously don't have a clue, do you?
Leverage comes by not responding, make the other guy sweat it out. The more time Ripdog takes the sweeter the deal. Time was on Ripdog's side but unfortunately he rolled out the welcome mat far too soon especially after this guy threatened to sue him. IMO, this is not smart business.

Oski, come and talk to me when you have done as many property and business deals as I have. I'm 42 now and I don't think you will reach my level in your lifetime.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You obviously don't have a clue, do you?
Leverage comes by not responding, make the other guy sweat it out. The more time Ripdog takes the sweeter the deal. Time was on Ripdog's side but unfortunately he rolled out the welcome mat far too soon especially after this guy threatened to sue him. IMO, this is not smart business.

Oski, come and talk to me when you have done as many property and business deals as I have. I'm 42 now and I don't think you will reach my level in your lifetime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your level? What are you, a Lvl. 10 Half-Elf Real Estate Agent? Do you have a +6 Legendary Sword of Brokering?
Old 06-08-2005, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't. I'm a lawyer, not a real estate agent. If I wanted to be a real estate agent, I wouldn't have bothered going to college in the first place.

You don't seem to appreciate that the "deal" is only part of the package. Avoiding a lawsuit is a good thing. Ripdog didn't lose any leverage by listening to the offer.

I guess, I'll let him be the judge, anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
I can't tell you how many times I have been threatened and spent endless amounts of money on legal fees only to find out it was just alot of hot air.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry that you have "spent endless amounts of money on legal fees." You should get a better idea of what a particular job will cost you up front. You might want to report these lawyers to the bar ... structuring an endelss fee arrangement is against the law and will probably result in them losing their right to practice law.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:16 AM

Default Re: Rebuttal

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My neighbor threatens to sue me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell him to put it in his pooper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cyrus you have an opinion on everything don't you.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Your level? What are you, a Lvl. 10 Half-Elf Real Estate Agent? Do you have a +6 Legendary Sword of Brokering?

[/ QUOTE ]

nh