Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-16-2005, 04:05 AM

Default AA facing turn overbet.

Villain seems like a thinking player altho a bit loose preflop. I keep running into sets with my Aces so I might fold them too much. I just couldn't understand why he would bet so much. Why not check to me as I would probably bet again? I almost called for this reason. It looked like he didn't want a call at all. But then again players at these stakes often push/overbet made hands hoping for a call.
What do you think?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

SB ($180.35)
BB ($105.19)
UTG ($50.25)
UTG+1 ($74.10)
UTG+2 ($19.20)
MP1 ($89.19)
Hero ($48.35)
MP3 ($51.80)
CO ($60.65)
Button ($53.70)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25. CO posts a blind of $0.75.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls $2.

Flop: ($6) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, BB calls $6.

Turn: ($24) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $45</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $69
Old 11-16-2005, 04:59 AM

Default Re: AA facing turn overbet.

i sadly think he called with JT QT KT AT
i think you should have raise to 20 on the flop, put it out there, so he can only call you with a 3, and its expensive to chase
Old 11-16-2005, 05:09 AM

Folding here is very weak. There are times to fold aces, but this is not one of them. Stick it in.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i sadly think he called with JT QT KT AT
i think you should have raise to 20 on the flop, put it out there, so he can only call you with a 3, and its expensive to chase

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought we wanted Villain to call with a flush draw, a six, 77-KK, AK-AQ "keeping you honest" etc. Flop is fine.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:27 AM

Does anybody like flat-calling villain on this worthless flop, in order to raise him on the turn?

Mind you, if he has 66 or TT - he would get all my money.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody like flat-calling villain on this worthless flop, in order to raise him on the turn?

Mind you, if he has 66 or TT - he would get all my money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll do it occasionally, especially against an aggressive player who'll likely bet again.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:34 AM

Thanks. I'm curious how you would continue the hand...

So you flat-call the flop bet.
Say the turn comes a K, or Q, or J, and villain bets the pot. Do you raise him here, or do you keep calling, even on the river?
Old 11-16-2005, 08:10 AM

Weak is my middle name, unfortunately.
I have a hard time knowing when to dump aces and when to push. It seems more often than not when I hold on to them when facing resistance on rag flops I'm against a set [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2005, 08:14 AM

Seeing as how the villian is in the big blind I dont hate the fold. Someone in the blinds could have a 3. If this bet came from the button I would think about calling, smells like a flush draw.

Edit ... whenever there is a flop like this and I have aces the first thing I look for is if the person is in the blind. It is doubtful somone willingly put money in with a 3. Not impossible, but unlikley. The blind can literally have any hand.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:28 AM

i dont think the blind would call a raise with such a hand. if he is a reasonable tight player at least