Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 06:35 AM

Default Flopped small flush online 10/20NL

Party Poker:

SB ($1800)
BB ($1980)
UTG ($1300)
UTG+1 ($2000)
UTG+2 ($3000)
Hero ($3100)
MP2 ($1400)
MP3 ($2800)
CO ($2000)
Button ($2000)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $20, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $20, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Preflop seems marginal but I decided to limp in since there was an UTG caller I felt I had a little bit of protection from a steal raise.

Flop: ($80) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $60</font>, SB calls $60, BB folds, UTG folds.
<font color="black"> </font>
Seems standard

Turn: ($200) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $300</font>, Hero raises to $600

This is where the hand got interesting for me. I considered checking the turn, but I had no reason to think I didn't have the best hand, and although my hand was likely ahead, it was certainly vulnerable to a lot of possible 2nd best hands drawing out on it.

(As I considered this was a possiblity), I did get checkraised on the turn, but only to the minimum. I actually thought to myself before I bet, I feel like I'm about to get checkraised here. I didn't have much of a read on the villain in the hand although my feel at the time was that he was a little on the fishy side. I had only been playing at the table shortly, so that was all I had for a read (not much to go on).

Thoughts on the turn or in general about the hand?

*I see checking the turn as a viable line
* AFter I bet the turn, folding to or just calling the minraise as another decent option. I might have a big river decision to make if I called the miniraise.
*I'm curious about thoughts on the line I took and other ideas of how to play this one.

Thanks for your help.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:50 AM

Default Re: Flopped small flush online 10/20NL

A minraise on a flush flop after the board pairs on the turn is pretty sketchy. It's not like he's betting trip-9's here, because he would have folded the flop.

When UTG just calls the big blind, that looks to me like low pocket pair at these levels. If he's willing to just call there with TT preflop, I think that's a mistake, but it will win him this hand. I think you're behind a full house on the turn...