Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-17-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Turn

I like a checkraise better on the turn. Since BB is aggro, a nice checkraise should settle him down a bit. I like to make strong plays like this to send a message to the aggro player not to be betting so much. But anyway, the way you played it, I might even 3-bet this turn, but most likely I would call down. It depends on what kind of hands BB was showing down. He could be doing this with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] , a hand that reverse dominates you, two pair like T8, or maybe you have him beat and he has K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and a Ten. He could even have a set. Considering the fact that you may have to bet/fold the river if a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] magically appears, I would just call this turn raise.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only reason to donkbet here is if you're commiting to a showdown. Since you can fold to a 3-bet, you're better off to C/R.

If I C/R and he 3-bets, I can probably find a fold even against this villian.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you explain this further? i'm not sure what you mean mate.

You mean if you're hand is so strong you're goign to a showdown so you don't mind being raised but you also dont want a free card?

Here we only have ace so what? we can risk giving a free card?

I dont understand how you mean.

I'd donk as i dont want a free card getting through. 3betting is tempting as he'll often think we're bluffing so will be raising weaker hands.. Specially with a AF of 3+!
Old 12-17-2005, 03:29 PM

I'll probalby call down because BB is so post flop aggro. Against a passive player, I'd fold to the turn raise. BB has to figure one of our possible holdings to be a good ace and he's raising it.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:35 PM

I don't think villain is taking a free card very often w/ agg like that. We can checkraise the turn and safely fold to a 3bet. The way it happened, I'm calling down.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:37 PM

Donking the turn is fine. I think people underestimate how often even very aggressive players check behind the A here. A better reason than that though is that he'll be much more likely to fold his middle pair to a checkraise than a donkbet. 3 betting the turn is silly.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 betting the turn is silly.

[/ QUOTE ]
A 1-diamond hand is not folding to the 3-bet.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3 betting the turn is silly.

[/ QUOTE ]
A 1-diamond hand is not folding to the 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're very likely behind once he raises. There's no reason to keep raising when you're likely behind.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:27 PM

Why are we folding to a 3bet, hes super aggressive and A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] will be played like this so we've still got outs...

I also think KT or somethign raises this as the ace is SUCH A BLUFF card.

However im waiting for joshuaD to explain his line.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're very likely behind once he raises. There's no reason to keep raising when you're likely behind.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's no reason not to raise when you are ahead and the opponent will call your raise with a worse hand.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
There's no reason not to raise when you are ahead and the opponent will call your raise with a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think that once he raises you on the turn you're ahead more often than not? And what's you're plan if he caps?