Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Questionable plays on all streets..

[ QUOTE ]
his stats are 55/18/1.6

This doesnt make him a calling station to me, not super agressive but not pasive either.

What do others think?

[/ QUOTE ]

A guy that plays over half his hands is not usuall going to fold and over pair or two pair after the flop either.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
55 vpip with 1.6 AF is not a calling station which means that he very likely has 2 overs that he couldn't get away from. He would have almost certainly 3 bet the flop with an overpair if he had it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my thinking as well and I said that in an earlier reply. If that is the case then why does every one hate the river raise?
Old 08-18-2005, 12:06 AM

You can't expect to post results then get unbiased answers to questions about a river raise.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:06 AM

I think pre-flop is very close but good.

I think your flop/turn play isnt bad, but in this case, 3-betting would be better. You can protect agaisnt sb, button and possibly bb. I think the time to wait for the turn is when you can't face the field with enough bets to give them odds to fold overs in a big pot. This time you can.

I think your river play is not near as bad as some in this thread suggest, bb does have a very small chance of folding something better (unless you'd like to add something to your read), adn the pot is big. But the chance isnt good enough, and despite your read of utg, you might be making the fold worse/get 3-bet or called from better Ultimate River Mistake here. Calling is better.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:11 AM

Even though you were good here vs his 77, I don't think you're good here often enough to warrant a raise, and you're opening yourself to a 3 bet.