Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 08-17-2005, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Questionable plays on all streets..

Preflop is fine and not worth talking about. I would've 3 bet the flop and gone from there. I hate the river raise. Based on BB's stats and the fact he's made it to the river means there's practically no chance he's folding a better hand.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:22 PM

Explain why you think limping with Q10o is a good move. It is a LOSING hand. It is NOT suited. Almost anyone playing a Q has you DOMINATED. I can't believe people are saying limping with this crap is a smart play.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Almost anyone playing a Q has you DOMINATED. .

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the stats of the players involved in the hand to see why you're wrong. Playing QTo here is neither a good or bad move. It's just not worth talking about.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:30 PM

The whole basis of this hand is the fact that he IS playing Q10o. If you are playing A10 you feel a lot better about 3-betting this flop. Please explain how limping Q10o is gonna be a good move over the next 100k hands. In my database, 452 occurences is losing (.09)Bb/hand. This is a tiny sample obviously, but I provoke you to prove how Q10o is a winner.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Explain why you think limping with Q10o is a good move. It is a LOSING hand. It is NOT suited. Almost anyone playing a Q has you DOMINATED. I can't believe people are saying limping with this crap is a smart play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes against any Tags I would most likely be dominated. However my table is not full of tags. It is full of lose players

An arguement could be made for not playing this pf however with the loose players in the hand is this an ok limp or not from the cutoff? What about the button?

Besides the pf play waht else don't you like about this hand?
Old 08-17-2005, 11:36 PM

Have you looked at the players in the hand?
Old 08-17-2005, 11:37 PM

I don't like your river raise. I think if I plan to seriously play this hand(thus plan to see a showdown) I will 3-bet this flop.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:46 PM

Ok so no one likes the river raise. I guess the question is how many of you are calling two cold on the turn and two cold on the river in a multiway pot with an overpair here?

I have just started getting into SH and when I see an agression factor of 1.6 and a pf raise of 18% this doesn't come across as calling station material to me.

How different is a calling station between SH and full ring games?
Old 08-17-2005, 11:55 PM

I play full ring in tournaments only. Sometimes I will play the jackpot tables at Party, but for the main part I can't compare full to SH. The reason a hand like Q10 plays so poorly in SH is that you want to see a showdown with a 1 pair often in SH & a Q kicker just plain sucks, which I imagine is even more true in a full game, though I wouldnt expect a single pair of 10's to win many pots in a 9 or 10 hand game.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok so no one likes the river raise. I guess the question is how many of you are calling two cold on the turn and two cold on the river in a multiway pot with an overpair here?

I have just started getting into SH and when I see an agression factor of 1.6 and a pf raise of 18% this doesn't come across as calling station material to me.

How different is a calling station between SH and full ring games?

[/ QUOTE ]

55 vpip with 1.6 AF is not a calling station which means that he very likely has 2 overs that he couldn't get away from. He would have almost certainly 3 bet the flop with an overpair if he had it.