Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 07:00 AM

Default Re: Can this hand be considered a bad beat?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
Can you be considered an idiot? (Yes.) How can 22 losing to KK be a bad beat? I'm really confused I guess 22 is supposed to win now vs KK. Although the BB is a moron for not reraising PF. Just like you're a moron for asking if 22 LOSING TO KK is a bad beat!! Read it again. 22 LOSING TO KK! Is it a bad beat? Oh damn, my 72o just lost to aces!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAD BEAT!!! LOL!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that hero got 22 is pretty irrelevant here.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:06 PM

Yes I was "playing the player" after the flop.. the fact is my read was right, but I've overestimated his solidness.

And what you don't realize is that sometimes, a small bet will be called LESS often than a very-large bet wich looks like a bluff.

The problem is, I was reasoning at a level 5 and he was at a level 1.. but I thought he was at least at a level 3.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2005, 11:10 PM

"
I wanted it to look like I simply had an ACE
If i bet 120 It would look I had a set or something like that.

According to my read, all I needed to do was to make non-ace hands fold, do you understand my reasoning?"

That part of it makes sense. But the math of the problem says that he is getting great odds to call your river bet. After calling the turn and the flop, his odds are too good to fold kings for 60.00 more.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:12 PM

"Can anyone tell why this bluff didnt work?
Hero has represented an ace from the beginning to the end. "

Middle pair isn't always a bad hand heads up after the flop. The hero was offering the villain decent pot odds to call. There were several possible draws that hero could possibly have to further help villain rationalize a call on all streets.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:56 PM

A) You clearly posted with the intent of having people pat you on the back and say "tough beat, man" and are pissy now because many people are making pretty solid arguments against your play.

B) You are being completely results-oriented. If you weren't, you wouldn't have posted at all. You're quite convinced your play was perfect; had it worked, you wouldn't have posted your "bad beat" here. But since it failed, you did decide to post. Seems kind of results-oriented to me.

C) SpaceAce made about the best point possible here. You played this like a medium-strong Ace, far as I can tell. And you got precisely what a medium-strong Ace would want here. The river bet actually looks a bit timid to me, like you're deciding your kicker is no good and want to make a blocking bet.

D) Saying you'd play the same way with A9-AK is sort of moot, because apparently you'd play the same way with 22. What else would you play this the same way with? And note, the more hands you add to this list, the more correct it is for the player with KK to call you down.

E) I don't think a guy with KK is necessarily going to put you on an A when you raise on the button like that. He could easily put you on KT, QT, or even some kind of 98s-type hand. In which case, your river bet again looks like a blocking bet that's giving him 3-1.