Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Re: i suck at poker

I've played with you a few times when you've been on what seemed like pretty crazy monkeytilt (calling two cold with 87o in the BB). Do you tilt a lot?

But I don't want to clog this forum up by offering any useful comments. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rob
Old 12-05-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

But I don't want to clog this forum up by offering any useful comments. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't make me get Matt to move this post to a strategy forum [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've played with you a few times when you've been on what seemed like pretty crazy monkeytilt (calling two cold with 87o in the BB). Do you tilt a lot?

[/ QUOTE ]

that would have been a misclick. i don't tilt like that.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how seriously did you take hula btw? i did notice some poor tendencies there but you may have been srewing off.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think my 5-2 record speaks for itself :P

i've already made my excuses for that match with tolbiny, so i won't do it again, but do remember that i pwned the crap out of him when it counted.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:16 AM

Thought I was the only one...
click to enlarge. 6max has variance for sure.
There's about 50BB of bad calls/tilt, otherwise it was just getting rivered like crazy. I was 24/16/1.6, mostly 5-6 handed 2/4-5/10 6 max.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:44 AM

wow bro, I hope it turns around. It may be time to re-evaluate your "always go to SD" style. I am no expert at these limits by any means, but 46%WTSD 5handed just can't be optimal.

I'm having the worst week and a half of my life. I dropped ~12k in 15k hands since Thxgiving day when I was at an all-time high, and b/c of funding issues i've only got 1.5k on party left b/c what's left of my roll is tied up in neteller, so I don't even have enough to 4table 10/20 to get back on track until mon/tuesday. I've been wallowing in self-pity, why can't i just run good this one time when I move up?! But seeing this puts things in perspective. Holy crap I am going to really need to build a roll if I want to play 30/60+.

Surf
Old 12-05-2005, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow. and i thought i sucked at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm going to STFU after seeing this too. I can't compete with that downswing.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that would have been a misclick. i don't tilt like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I dunno dude. I was playing 3-handed for a while with you and another LAG and you were playing pretty donkily. This was a while ago though.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Eh, I dunno dude. I was playing 3-handed for a while with you and another LAG and you were playing pretty donkily. This was a while ago though.

[/ QUOTE ]

not saying i wasn't playing bad, but that particular hand would have been a misclick for sure. i was probably already clicking call after the first raise and didn't react in time to the 3-bet. not that it's much of an excuse, but i make dumb mistakes like that sometimes.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the hands are almost all somewhere between 2-5 handed, so it's not necessarily a LAG problem, though its possible that i'd do better if i tightened up a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't presume to comment on the proper stats for 3-handed play. Are you playing 3-handed frequently because those are the games that happen to be available at higher levels? With such a downswing, probably the first thing I'd do would be to stick to 6 player tables (or drop down).