Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Ok or poor?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

CO ($9.80)
Button ($30.05)
SB ($24.50)
BB ($18.15)
Hero ($28.95)
MP ($20.15)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, MP calls $1.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1.50, SB (poster) calls $1.40, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($6.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, MP folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $8</font>, Hero calls $4.

Turn: ($22.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5.

River: ($32.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB Bets 10, Hero calls $10.

Final Pot: $42.25

Villian hasnt stood out in anyway. Ok? I had villian for TPGK or a weird 2 pr.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Ok or poor?

[ QUOTE ]
I had villian for TPGK or a weird 2 pr.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is your read - and I'm inclined to agree with you - then raise that river. It's not likely villain would c/r with a gutshot, and I think he'd have been betting a lot more on the turn if he flopped a made straight. That 9 on the river was a dream card for you, so make the most of it.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:26 PM

There is a lot that beats me however, so I was content with his bet. Does anyone think I should've dumped this bad boy on the flop?
Old 12-12-2005, 05:29 PM

don't fold the flop.

don't raise the river.

you played it fine, and i think you are beat here most of the time, then again it is 25NL and he could have anything here.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a lot that beats me however

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. JJ, TT and the straight are the only things that beat you. As mentioned the straight is very unlikely. And I'll loose my stack set over set any day.

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone think I should've dumped this bad boy on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You had a PP and OESD that's 10 outs with most of them clean. Villain's min-raise gave you 4.5:1 on the flop, and his bet still gave you 4.5:1 on the turn. You're loosing money over the long run if you throw this hand away.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:32 PM

JJ, probably the one hand I didnt put him on, was his winning holding. Set over set twice in an hour, both rivered= bankroll eater and EMc pisser offer
Old 12-12-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Set over set twice in an hour, both rivered= bankroll eater and EMc pisser offer

[/ QUOTE ]

It happens. Last night I got all in PF w/ JJ against a loose opponent, flopped a set and lost my stack when villain caught runner-runner diamonds for a flush. A few hands later I flopped a set on a monotone board (post this one heh). Villain had the A-high flush and pushed me all-in and I didn't fill up. Both hands were played correctly. Both hands cost me my stack. Variance sucks lol.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don't raise the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This river is a very good one to raise on...and I'd probably push.

#1 - You're likely ahead.

#2 - If you're behind, there's a very good chance you'll get a better hand to fold.