Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 11:49 AM

Default Re: “Name The Tables” – PartyPoker.com

Can you upgrade your software to include the total pot on the screen instead of just the pot for the last betting round. At the moment you still have to count the bets and add them to the previous pot. I'd imagine this wouldn't take long to program.

Also, the lobby doesn't show you your position in a multi table tournament. Not a biggie but it's nice to know what position you are to the bubble etc...

But my biggest gripe about Party is their tournament breaks. They just start the 5 minute break while hands are still being played. I played a tournament a few days ago and some tool was taking all his allotted time on EVERY turn. He did it also when the 5 minute break started and by the time the hand had finished there was 1 minute left on the break. I couldn't even go for a piss as I had to wait for the hand to end in order to get the add on. Once I got the Add On, the tournament was about to resume.

I don't play at many other sites but is hand for hand normal from 42 players down to final table? It seems to take a long time and the blinds get huge.

Speaking of tournaments, the big ones like the Super Weekday and the 200k weekend start around 9-10pm ET which is really late in Europe, around 3am, and i'd imagine really late in USA by the time they finish. Any plans to start them earlier?

Ramble over. ;OD
Old 10-03-2005, 11:51 AM

I think you should call a table "Increased rake"
Old 10-03-2005, 11:54 AM

I agree with the camp that doesn't want a free roll. If you're going to ask us to put in the time coming up with names, most people wouldn't want to bother to have to spend more time getting the money when they could be earning more doing something else. I like the drawing idea, or maybe just straight up giving $10 to people who submit 100 good names.

The promotion idea where everytime a player during X time slot does Y (quads, straight flush, whatever) gets to name a table is certainly interesting. If you spell out the constraints, and perhaps have them submit 5 candidates, you can pick a safe one. It is a lot of overhead, though, so you may want to limit the number of names you give out this way.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But my biggest gripe about Party is their tournament breaks. They just start the 5 minute break while hands are still being played. I played a tournament a few days ago and some tool was taking all his allotted time on EVERY turn. He did it also when the 5 minute break started and by the time the hand had finished there was 1 minute left on the break. I couldn't even go for a piss as I had to wait for the hand to end in order to get the add on. Once I got the Add On, the tournament was about to resume.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might do some kind of promotion (like I did a few years ago) asking for suggestions on improvements/fixes in the future. For now I think I probably have everything identified (I had everything on your list, good or bad).

I did want to point out one thing that you mentioned (above). I initially put on my list to start the break when all tables finish the current hand. But after thinking about it I don’t think that’s the right thing to do. Why should some tables have to wait 6, 7 or 10 minutes when the break is only 5 minutes? Why should the tournament be extended up to a ½ hour because of the increased breaks? In land based tournaments the tournament starts at a specific time, and you can predetermine when the breaks will start. The same should be for online. I will try to get something implemented so that each table can do the add-on as soon as their last hand is complete.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:25 PM

Make Party Poker a better experience?

Mike, please no. Party Poker is the leader for a reason, the software is well put together, solid and above all simple. Unless you folks are seeing a reverse in growth, leave it alone man.

As a game designer, I know the pitfalls of trying to "improve" something. All it does is shine a light on what is currently being used and then all of a sudden, everything must go.

You've got millions of people who know and approve of your software, obviously. I will eventually be competing with your site, true enough. But my 9 years of designing video games has shown me that just tweaking a button from gold to green causes the faithful to start to "look" for other places to improve.

You guys have it right for now and changing anything will simply stir the pot.

My two cents.
Doug
Old 10-03-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Make Party Poker a better experience?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course!

This does not mean change what works. It means add more cool stuff that adds appeal and customer base.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It has no benefit to the casual player. It's the folks that know how to process the information (those that read 2+2 and study the game) that will benefit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly why it shouldn't be there.

Also, there are plenty of people who know that playing tight is correct, but don't play that way. Having the flop % just reminds them of the importance of playing tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, pacific has that, too. It doesn't hurt their games, does it?

But I am against it on party, too.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:00 PM

shorten your name? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Mike O'Malley/PartyPoker.com

How about M.O'Malley/PartyPoker?

That way your name doesnt cause the main page to strech out the name field, and shorten all other fields.

As for improving party... How about making the software playable on a Dell Axim's VGA screen? (640x240)
Old 10-03-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please do not put put % of players seeing the flop in the lobby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. All adding this would do is create long waiting lists for high VPIP tables, which means more waiting, less playing, and less profit for Party. Think of the shareholders, man!
Old 10-03-2005, 01:16 PM

", the software is well put together, solid and above all simple. "

You need to get out more often.

Party software is low grade dogsh+t.