Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 08:30 AM

Default Re: “Name The Tables” – PartyPoker.com

Mike:

When did you start working for Party? Congrats on the new job... much better than the Wynn! What is your title/role? Very good to know Party wants someone on the ground floor with us.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2005, 08:35 AM

This is a fantastic idea. I used to play limit on Party, and the unique table names really add to the character and make the game more memorable. Since switching to NL, table 32116 etc gets tedious after a while.

As for the freeroll, I couldn't be bothered unless there's <150 players or so, I'd much rather just have $10 in my account. This could possibly be done via a special bonus code to coincide with your monthly promo, for example PARTYHELPER which offered 20% up to $110 instead of $100. I can see this being a bigger incentive. Player's Club points may work too(?). If this isn't workable, maybe a $1000 speed tournament would be a fast and fun way of rewarding players. I think most 2+2ers would enjoy that.

Good luck with it.

edit: The draw idea sounds good too, preferable to a tournament which really isn't worth the time imo.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike:

When did you start working for Party? Congrats on the new job... much better than the Wynn! What is your title/role? Very good to know Party wants someone on the ground floor with us.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I have been with the company since pre-day 1. It wasnt until recently that I decided to work full time on making the software/player experience much better. Although it will take time, expect to see some good things in the future.
My title is Poker Room Manager, my role is complicated. I seem to have a little bit to do with everything in the company.

On a side note, if there is anyone looking to work full time (in Gibraltar) and has a understanding of online poker, what players want and what is out there; email me.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Make it a promo at the tables. Everytime you get quads you get to name a table.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a fantastic idea!
Old 10-03-2005, 09:03 AM

Cool, something to exercise the grey matter a little. Yeah I'm up for 10,000 names (knock it on the heads in a few days) if needed.

Fun table names or poker related I'm assuming.

So what's the criteria, the themes, the no-nos and how many characters in the name?

Let us know what you are thinking of and I'll throw a couple hundred together tonight to kick it off.

Always be folding
Old 10-03-2005, 09:09 AM

Just give me $1,000 and Ill give you 10,000 names. Its rather easy, no need to make it more difficult for yourself. If you do it the way you are planning you'll have tons of duplicates
Old 10-03-2005, 09:13 AM

Having multiple people do it should result in many more funny and memorable names. As for duplicates, copy and paste into database, hit "delete multiple records", then sort alphabetically to weed out the rest. Easy.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I think this is a great idea, I expect it creates more work for the programmers than a simple drawing or freeroll...

Acme
Old 10-03-2005, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I think this is a great idea, I expect it creates more work for the programmers than a simple drawing or freeroll...

Acme

[/ QUOTE ]

it also generates much brand loyalty and a sense of community within Party - for little effort. IMO, this idea is absolutely brilliant!
Old 10-03-2005, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

it also generates much brand loyalty and a sense of community within Party - for little effort. IMO, this idea is absolutely brilliant!

[/ QUOTE ]

YSSCKY.

What happens when someone suggests a dumb name? Do you tell them 'sorry, your name is dumb'? A rude name? What if a name has been suggested already? How long will it take to build the database this way? Do you send an email out to each player when they win quads? This will require work. If it's done in-client, reprogramming is required. As is a client download for another 1/2 million or so players.

Seems dumb to me.