Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-30-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Maybe slightly OT - $ share in MTT winnings

FWIW, I had a mod from this forum take over for me in a WSOP satelite. The arrangement was 500$ plus 10% of me at the WSOP if he won a seat. He was taking over during the 2nd hour (it expected to take at least 5 or 6), and I has just above average stack. So, you can say, he was playing for 15% of his winnings. So, maybe 500$ is even too much.

Also, if I asked a freind to finish a tournament for me, and he did that well, I would be giving him at least 2/3 of his winnings.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:24 PM

I think an fair way to split it would be to chop it up by how long you each played it for. If you played it for 2/3 hours, how long did the tournament take?

-ChipsAhoya
Old 12-30-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think an fair way to split it would be to chop it up by how long you each played it for. If you played it for 2/3 hours, how long did the tournament take?

-ChipsAhoya

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesnt make sense. What if I asked you to play 2 tournaments, one I gave you 3000 chips, 45 players left, 1500/3000 blinds. In the other, I gave you 90,000 chips with the same characteristics. Do you really think both opportunities are worth the same?
Old 12-30-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-ChipsAhoya

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesnt make sense. What if I asked you to play 2 tournaments, one I gave you 3000 chips, 45 players left, 1500/3000 blinds. In the other, I gave you 90,000 chips with the same characteristics. Do you really think both opportunities are worth the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a horrible example, since time played with 1 BB is not going to amount to any time at all unless you double up like a gazilion times. but if that 3k and the 90k were both to make it to 2nd place finishes, hmmm....

thinking about it, it probably shouldn't matter either way. the friend needed someone to fill in or he was going to be blinded out by sitting out because he couldnt finish. I think regardless of the chip stack something between (anywhere between) 25% and 50% is a fair cut, leaving it up to the original players discretion. Maybe 30%.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:45 PM

I have had the experience of actually "working" for someone that would put me into tournaments. It was a very professional relationship and a business. When he paid all the fees it was 50-50 split AFTER entry fees.

Now, your friend put up his own fees. He got the starting stack built up reasonably well too. He left you roughly 50% ahead of the avg stack also. Yet you did the last bit of the tourny and the point to which the money gets good.

I would think the value of this is less than what my arrangements were, and I'm sure you understand that.

My thoughts are around 25%. One poster has suggested about $750 based on his own math. Curiously hits the 25% # on the head.

Now, thats all business.

If it was one of my friends, they wouldnt take any more than 25% no matter how hard I tried to give them more. But my friends are like that.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:23 PM

I'll answer all the questions asked...

[ QUOTE ]
50% was the first number that came to mind.

If you don't take over, he gets $0 right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes thats right, money paid from 27th place. Unless he managed to survive just posting the blinds to scrape into the money
Old 12-30-2005, 04:24 PM

Without any prior agreement, I'd vote for 50/50. He got you there, you got him home.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-ChipsAhoya

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he played for a little over 3 hours, and I think I played for 2 and a half hours (roughly)
Old 12-30-2005, 05:03 PM

i think 1k is about right
Old 12-30-2005, 05:10 PM