Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-20-2005, 09:57 PM

Default the body by Jake Ab Scissor, Trip Report

So in a very high somewhat drunken fog I decided to order this contraption. I guess I felt it would be useful. Afterward I felt alittle dumb about it, but hey I already commited.

So it came in yesterday. Box was pretty heavy, set up was pretty easy though somewhat confusing. Once I got the thing set up I went through the recommended work out and felt like I wasted my money. Today i decided to up the resistance and give it another try. I guess my abs are in better shape than I thought because this is what it took to have the thing start working properly. My abs are still somewhat sore from using it about 8 hours ago.

The thing works by allowing you do to a sitting up sit up. The form takes a few reps to figure out, basically without realling moving you do a scissor crunch. The seat can be moved to either side allowing you to focus on the obliques. Pretty handy. I can't really say it has any benefit over a regular cruch and twist but those make my neck hurt real bad. Plus this uses resistance so it takes less reps.
The price is pretty high, 280 or so plus S/H, but I say worth it. If you are like me and hate doing crunches but want the kind of stomach the whores like to touch I'd get one.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:04 PM

Default Re: the body by Jake Ab Scissor, Trip Report

and you won't get that kind of stomach until you get your body fat down to < 10%, no matter how developed the abdominal muscles are. spot fat reduction is a myth. should've taken the $280 and bought some ECA and a gym membership. cheers!
Old 12-20-2005, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and you won't get that kind of stomach until you get your body fat down to < 10%

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. I hope you plan on eating better and doing more cardio as well. If you don't get your body fat percentage really low you'll never see your abs. If you do get your body fat low and you use this thing to get strong abs, your stomache should get pretty ripped.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:12 PM

There are a bunch of machines like this at my gym that you can add plates unto. They aren't bad, but I find that doing crunches or decline sit ups with added weight is more effective. I've never tried it before, but I've always wondered how good the Ab Lounge is for the abs. It looks like it has a much higher range of motion than one of the ab scissor machines.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:13 PM

I realize this. Last time I checked, months ago, I was at 11%. The issue for me at least isn't spot reduction but building abdominal muscles and I hate situps. Plus I inherited a bunch of gym equipment so a gym membership is useless in the working out sense, though still good in the meeting women sense.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:24 PM

I saw Jake on FoxNews last week. It's hard to believe this guy is still around.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:33 PM

Wow I'm surprised anyone would buy one of these. Well I take that back. I'm surprised everyone hasn't bought two or three of them.

Get yourself a $20 ab wheel and you'll get a much better work-out or your abs from top to bottom in one minute.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:43 PM

Send it back and get one of these.....

web page