Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Adam Morrison

[ QUOTE ]
Dee Brown

I'm biased

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll admit to being biased on Redick as well, my bias is just a little closer to the truth [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2005, 11:39 PM

I was at the game today. While Morrison didn't have his best night, (props to OSU for making things difficult on him), he did what he had to do, especially in the second half, to either get his shots or, perhaps more importantly, do whatever he could to get fouled and get to the line, which he did. It's clear he thrives on pressure situations, and wants the ball down the stretch (which tonite was basically every possession in the second half). Is he the best in the country? Who knows, it's probably too early to tell. However, at 6-8 or so, he can get his shot off at will (either in rythym or by creating off the dribble), he moves well without the ball, he can rebound and pass well and is generally fundamentally sound. He understands the game, he's good a teammate, and I find him very enjoyable to watch. His pro prospects are very bright. As for the game itself, Gonzaga was flat and sloppy, and missing their starting backcourt didn't help. Batista bailed them out on many occasions. However, it was OSU's inability to attack the Gonzaga zone in the second half which killed them. They could have run away and hid, but couldn't because of their poor zone offense execution. (By my count, after Gonzaga switched to zone, OSU managed only six points in approx 8 minutes.) Look for OSU to see more zones after today's performance. If I had to choose between, say, Redick or Morrison, there's no question - Morrison is way the superior player. Sure, Redick can light it up from the outside, but Morrison can too, plus he can beat you other ways, it's really no contest.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure, Redick can light it up from the outside, but Morrison can too, plus he can beat you other ways, it's really no contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

stop perpetuating the myth that Redick can't beat you other ways besides "lighting it up from the outside". Watch a few Duke games and you'll see how wrong that idea is.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How could Redick be the best player when he isn't even the most important player on his own team?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-10-2005, 11:51 PM

I find it to be a sincere joke that people think Reddick is the best player in college basketball.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How could Redick be the best player when he isn't even the most important player on his own team?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd argue the point that Redick and Williams are of equal importance, but that doesnt even matter. The more important thing is that BEST doesnt always mean most important. This argument has already been done in the threads about Reggie Bush. He is clearly the best player in college football, but he also is likely not the most important.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:55 PM

I'm a myth perpetuator I guess. Who is a better rebounder? Passer? Defender? Who is more versatile? Morrison can guard 2 guards and power forwards. Can Redick? Who will get drafted higher? I'm not saying Redick is a bad player, I like his game. I'm just saying that Morrison brings more to the table at this moment. I'm not saying Morrison is the best player in college basketball, either.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This argument has already been done in the threads about Reggie Bush. He is clearly the best player in college football, but he also is likely not the most important.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anybody who watched the ND or Fresno games knows this is not the case.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(On a serious note, I'm amazed that he plays so well while dealing with that.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone clue me in on what the big deal is? I have friends who are diabetics that take shots who have no "restrictions". They just piss a lot when drinking a lot of alcohol because of the sugar.

[/ QUOTE ]

basically his body has no efficient way to regulate his energy supply, usually very treatable, but in an athlete who is as active as a D-1 basketball player, i'm impressed that he has good enough control to compete at that level
Old 12-11-2005, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the guy with the worst mustache ever, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I am pretty sure nearly all of his talent is derived from that mustache.