Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: O Doyle\'s Army - WE WANT YOU!

i agree...I would rather have bonuses OR have Stars Rakeback!!
Old 07-23-2005, 01:12 PM

I agree with Baulucky, I want 10k or 12k but I don't really want to play a large tournament, I'd rather have the cash so I can do things like, buy myself a truck or save it for a down payment on a house.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Baulucky, I want 10k or 12k but I don't really want to play a large tournament, I'd rather have the cash so I can do things like, buy myself a truck or save it for a down payment on a house.

[/ QUOTE ]

indeed. WSOP, or probably any tournament, entries are very -EV for me.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here...I'd be willing to do something like this for a high % rakeback deal type thing.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to win the war. I just want to make a lot of money...

A WSOP seat, for me, is nearly worthless unless I can sell it for cash.

Good luck. Great idea... for the pokersites... They get the rake, they get the publicity, they get the money...

I guess that if you also value a WSOP seat, then you also get an OK deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Baulucky,

I agree with you and would prefer a 12k cash bonus over a WSOP seat. The only problem with that scenario is with a cash bonus there is not much in it for the poker site. (at least the way I see it) When they give that much money away to affiliates at least from some of them they are getting creative marketing which is drving all sorts of players to their site.

The beauty of what I am describing is that there is a huge upside for the poker site which in turn might make such a deal attractive to them.

I can completely understand that the strongest of players might possibly not be attracted to this because they would consider their time more valuable.

However, I think there is a group of players out there who will find this type of deal very appealing to them. I think there is a large number of players that are playing a high volume of low limit poker online. (1-2 to 3-6) For these players this sort of deal might make a lot of sense to them.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:05 PM

perhaps a cashout value less than the wsop package (the difference being the value for the site so to speak). For example take 10k in cash or take the wsop package worth probably 12-13k including travel, lodging, etc.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
perhaps a cashout value less than the wsop package (the difference being the value for the site so to speak). For example take 10k in cash or take the wsop package worth probably 12-13k including travel, lodging, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might be possible, but I think the attractive part to the site will be that they will have a large, unique group at a major poker event.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jason said a mouthful when he spoke these words and I did not realize it. The ones that are wanting rake return from sites instead of a WSOP trip still need to band together and support this effort.

As Jason points out the cash option would have to be less because it does not have the value to the site as the WSOP would. (No PR value for rakeback unfortunately)

Something Clever started a thread - An Idea for Stars Rakeback - laying out a plan why Stars should consider giving high volume players a rake return.

I respectfully suggest that this Poker Stars rake return crowd should throw their support our way as well.

Why? Because we both want the same thing. Something of value in exchange for our high volume play.

There is strength in numbers. We already have over 100 players indicating an interest in this plan, if that number was to swell to 2,3,4 or ten times that amount, then we might get the attention of a site like Stars.

Please keep this thread alive if you do have an interest either way and please indicate a WSOP package or a lesser rake rebate option.

Thanks to everyone who has supported this idea so far!
Old 07-27-2005, 07:02 PM

I'm not too big on tourney play or WSOP seats. I do, however, like cash money. If we can neogtiate cash for a block of play, I'm in.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:09 PM

I'm in for a rakeback-type thing.