Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Bubble question: push?

$10+1 Sng last night, 4 left with one big stake about $3000, and other 3 about $1700 each. blind 75/150. I ($1700) was on SB with A3o, folded to me, push/call/raise to 3xBB (stop and go, push on any flop)? BB ($1700) is a pretty good player with occasionally reraises, I folded two times on his reraise a few hands ago. also, my oveall image should be tight because I folded on SB and BB on 3BB raises in the last two orbits.

Result below:
<font color="white"> I raised to 3xBB, BB called, flop was QJT, I pushed, BB reluctantly called with Q7o. no help for me on turn and river.

shd I check/fold on flop? push preflop?
</font>
Old 03-18-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Bubble question: push?

If you're gonna push, push preflop, but I don't think I would here. Yes, you're getting into trouble stack, but not horribly, and you're essentially tied with two other players.

Was BB the big stack? If so, I think he'd be more likely to fold PF than the other stacks, but I still doubt I'd gamble here with A3os
Old 03-18-2005, 04:48 PM

the play you made was not a stop and go. it was just about the worst line possible for the hand you had.

i could argue for push (+chip ev), limping (eh), folding (variance reducing), and raising (you likely have the best hand). but the plan that includes raising does not include pushing any flop.

citanul
Old 03-18-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're gonna push, push preflop, but I don't think I would here. Yes, you're getting into trouble stack, but not horribly, and you're essentially tied with two other players.

Was BB the big stack? If so, I think he'd be more likely to fold PF than the other stacks, but I still doubt I'd gamble here with A3os

[/ QUOTE ]

the big stack was on the button. BB had about $50 more than me