Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Caught stealing - flopped a one card flush draw - how far to go?

I'd check the turn through.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would we check the turn through? We have the 4th nut flush and have no reason to suspect we are behind here. You are probably right but I would just like some feedback as to why checking behind is better then betting.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:43 PM

I just addressed this while you were posting, but he's given you have two reasons.

1) Blind defense here is generally better than any 2 cards. Good aggressive players have looser defense standards as do some very bad players. Against an unknown, you're probably facing someone in between and there's a good chance you're against two offsuit broadway or a middle PP.

2) He called a monotone flop and did not raise. He hit part of the flop and did not feel compelled to protect his hand. A good player will raise pretty much any pair in this situation, so a draw seems likely. A lot of draws will raise this too on speculation that the PFR is suited (75% you have no flush draw) or on a PP (50% you have no flush draw and a slight chance you hit a set and your boat redraw is about the same odds). If he's confident you'll bet again and he can handle the action, he's going to smooth-call and let you lead again.

I think most of the time you're against two overcards here with one of them being a heart. I'll toss out QJo or A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] x as my guesses.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A read might help, but I agree.

What is BB calling with on the flop that doesn't include a heart? A weaker hand might c/r the flop to push Hero off high cards. I want to show down, I'm pretty confident I've no fold equity, and I'm unsure of my hand's value. Checking through probably induces a bluff and if not, I'm going to get called if I value bet.

As played, the action is backwards for a set improving to a boat. I can't give credit for a higher flush and call down an unknown.