Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2004, 03:26 PM

Default What do you do?

Ok here is the situation. Two tables left 9 players on each. You just had your kings cracked by the buttons tens, and blinds are going up to 300/600. You’re in the bb with 1000 after posting. Utg moves all in for 4600, it’s folded around to you and you look and find a beautiful K3o. To complicate the situation a bit your 3 spots away from the money. Two players have 800 left, one is on your table and will face the blinds in 3 hands the other has just posted his blinds, and is in the clear for another orbit. The other stack has around 1900, and will face the blinds in 6 hands. Do you call of your last 1000 here?
Old 06-14-2004, 03:33 PM

Default Re: What do you do?

fold and wait and hope something better comes.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:04 PM

Fold. You've got 6 more hands. You want to be the first in to the pot with that mediocre a hand.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:12 PM

Foooooooooooold.......

I might go all-in with it if it were suited and I was first in, but wouldn't want to call with it. Ought to get better in 6 hands though to call...

Trying to get better a hand at a time.

Peace,

Ritter
Old 06-14-2004, 06:23 PM

I grit my teeth and fold. You're certainly behind, and possibly way behind (i.e. drawing to 3 outs). If the money was a long way away, calling is probably fine, but here is a bubble situation where the stack sizes seem to indicate that cashEV and chipEV might actually be fairly divergent.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:35 PM

Ok, next hand you in the sb with 700 left. This time it's folded around to you and you find QTo do you move in here, or are we still is survival mode?
Old 06-14-2004, 07:45 PM

I'd fold your first hand and push in as fast as my little clicker will click with QT folded to you in the small blind.

I don't see the two situations as remotely comparable. Calling an early raise with K3o is a way, WAY worse option than than going all-in against a random BB hand with QT.

From other posts of yours I'm sure you're aware of that, so I'm left to wonder...Am I missing something?

Doug
Old 06-14-2004, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, next hand you in the sb with 700 left. This time it's folded around to you and you find QTo do you move in here, or are we still is survival mode?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Doug on this one.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:43 PM

I fold both hands. The BB is probably going to call you no matter what, and QT doesn't do that well hot and cold. I'd rather keep the fold fest going and hope the really shortstacked goes out, along with a couple other people. I'd rather wait an orbit and take a random shot with my BB, if I'm not in the money by then.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:22 AM

I really don't feel this is a clear cut push here, very close IMO. I mean if you folded your K3o in order to wait it out, then folding a QTo here should be correct as well. Obviously in the first hand your going to be a dog, but perhaps you should take the chance at that point instead of waiting it out all together. Anyone else have any thoughts here? One of the things I’m trying to improve on, is my understanding of chip EV vs. $EV, especially since I’m going to try and play some of those WCCOP tournamnets, hopefully I’ll have to use my knowledge in some of them as well.