Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: does pot improve intelligence?

[ QUOTE ]
Sheeeit....David Crosby hadn't written a good song after he got off drugs till recently - I think he started toking up again at least

[/ QUOTE ]

Other musicians who began sucking after foresaking drugs: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Aerosmith
Old 11-09-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CREATIVELY, however - I have written some of the best songs/lines in my life recently - sometimes mulling over them while stoned - I believe the altered perceptions may push you creatively in places you wouldn't normally go, if that's your thing - so in a way, that makes you intellectually better off sometimes

[/ QUOTE ]

I read somewhere that drugs such as pot and mushrooms help bypass a natural creative filter in your brain. The times in my life when I found myself to be most analytical where on mushrooms, I don't know why but with the right dosage I think they really show you things about yourself and others you've never though about. I don't think pot makes you smarter, just a different perception.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:41 AM

whiskey, out of curiosity, how much do you smoke a week (quantity) also, how much do you smoke each .. time you smoke?
Old 11-09-2005, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
whiskey, out of curiosity, how much do you smoke a week?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-09-2005, 03:17 PM

I would say I go thru a half ounce every couple months -

Sometimes just one or two bowls a night - usually after all the work is done and it's just me, the Xbox, and the TV - Esp. if I'm having a difficult race on Forza, I like to take a drag right before the start of it - I think it makes me more willing to drive a bit harder -

I'm not smoking as much as I could - I'm trying to keep it at a normal level - but it is interesting - without the negative effects that alcohol has (throwing up) - it's not hard to get so blitzed you don't do anything but fall asleep in the recliner - LOL - but these days, I haven't been doing that for a while. If I smoke TOO much I will have a slight headache when coming down and that's not the most pleasant feeling in the world.

I equate a bowl to a couple beers or a hard shot or two - and if the rest of the world can have a couple beers after dinner watching TV, or a glass or two of wine, then I can have a bowl -

I guess the best response is, if it's a night I would have drank (pretty much any sun-wed night) then I'm probably smoking at that same time period instead - although not as heavily as I drink - Right now if I go to my bong there's a good chance there's a hit or two in there I just left after the last one I had 4 hrs before going to bed - I didn't have the need or urge to finish it off -

RB
Old 11-10-2005, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would say I go thru a half ounce every couple months

[/ QUOTE ]

You need help...and I volunteer.

And to answer the original question of "does pot improve intelligence?" - DUH!
Old 11-10-2005, 02:39 AM

I still want to host a stoners game at Wynn sometime. Let me know if interested. Something like 4/8 HORSET. Rules are you must be baked at all times. We can take smoking breaks every hour if need be. All the dealers and floor at Wynn know I'm a pothead anyway.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:39 AM

i smoke pot twice a week and if it has had any effects on my intelligence, they've been adverse.. nothing really noticeable or significant, though.. i will say that i think i've begun to see and consider the world from a different perspective since i started smoking pot.. but i think even that effect is dependent on the smoker.. i'm an introvert, so my use of pot naturally lends itself to introspection.. for more outgoing people, though, i don't think pot has nearly the same effects
Old 11-09-2005, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i will say that i think i've begun to see and consider the world from a different perspective since i started smoking pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, sounds really valuable. Tomorrow I'm going to wake up five minutes earlier than usual and see the world from a "five-minutes-earlier-than-usual" perspective. The day after that I'll try adding a little yoghurt to my grapenuts and see the world from a "grapenuts-with-yoghurt" perspective. After that I will auto-asphyxiate myself episodically over the course of the day--enabling me to consider the world from a "seriously-oxygen-deprived" perspective. I think these insights will add new dimensions to my life.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i will say that i think i've begun to see and consider the world from a different perspective since i started smoking pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, sounds really valuable. Tomorrow I'm going to wake up five minutes earlier than usual and see the world from a "five-minutes-earlier-than-usual" perspective. The day after that I'll try adding a little yoghurt to my grapenuts and see the world from a "grapenuts-with-yoghurt" perspective. After that I will auto-asphyxiate myself episodically over the course of the day--enabling me to consider the world from a "seriously-oxygen-deprived" perspective. I think these insights will add new dimensions to my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had a point, I don't get it.
Lumping is bad.