Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Question for Dynasty, or anyone else that can answer?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just seems strange to me. This site doesn't want pictures of people that don't give permission to have their picture on the web or whatever, right? And then one of the moderator goes and throws up a bunch of pictures??

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, that's what my initial reaction was too.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll note that I objected to having my picture posted, and Dynasty thankfully honored that request by withholding my photos. No one else objected. So the rules of the site are being honored.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clark, was this before or after your picture was posted? Also, you're a guy, different than ed's wife. You'll not have the fanclub a pretty woman would have. Sorry.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:02 AM

Are you afraid of being stalked?
Old 11-16-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Ed Miller\'s Wedding Reception Photos

You look like Tim Russert
Old 11-16-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just seems strange to me. This site doesn't want pictures of people that don't give permission to have their picture on the web or whatever, right? And then one of the moderator goes and throws up a bunch of pictures??

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, that's what my initial reaction was too.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll note that I objected to having my picture posted, and Dynasty thankfully honored that request by withholding my photos. No one else objected. So the rules of the site are being honored.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did anyone else have an opportunity to object before the pictures were posted? For the record, permission was not asked prior to posting. It was simply a fait accompli. Frankly I was gobsmacked.....
Old 11-16-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you afraid of being stalked?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's more like having the pleasant comfort of anonymity.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Dynasty, did you get the permission of these people before you posted these pictures?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Since Ed Miller had already linked to wedding pictures and posted on more than one occassion that he was going to post more pictures, I didn't consider it an issue. I was very surprised by Elaine's request.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:46 PM

They were unflattering photos of me, for one.
It was a private event, not a 2+2 event.
I didn't mind when only 200 posters had viewed the thread. It started to bother me when the numbers grew to the thousands....

on another note... now that everyone knows my last name, we can trot out the muse about how Ed, himself, is now plus E.V.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They were unflattering photos of me, for one.
It was a private event, not a 2+2 event.
I didn't mind when only 200 posters had viewed the thread. It started to bother me when the numbers grew to the thousands....

on another note... now that everyone knows my last name, we can trot out the muse about how Ed, himself, is now plus E.V.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why you gotta be like that, doll? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Snort. I hadn't considered "+EV," but I feel certain in saying that your boy's got one of the most extensive collections of Sklansky Bucks in North America.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Dynasty, did you get the permission of these people before you posted these pictures?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Since Ed Miller had already linked to wedding pictures and posted on more than one occassion that he was going to post more pictures, I didn't consider it an issue. I was very surprised by Elaine's request.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Bryan, first of all Edward selected the pictures he posted--therefore he and Mrs. NPA were comfortable with what was shown. Second of all, you posted pictures of many people who had no clue about the fact that they were about to be visible to the whole world--in some cases, those people do not even know of the existence of 2plus2. Third, if Edward and Elaine planned or are planning to post pictures of the reception, the pictures posted would have been of their choosing, not of yours, and they would have gotten permission from other people who were in the pictures (like, Mom and Dad, is it OK if we post your pix?).

Basically, Bryan, you were well over the line. I am personally not going to make a fuss since I don't think there is a soul in the world who gives a damn what I look like, but if any pinbrain OOTer makes a crude remark about me, I will take steps. (And there was at least one response early in this thread that I thought was so far over the line that it was in another galaxy.) Use some common sense, people, and have some respect.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:27 PM

I feel like somebody's mom is watching us post and it's making me uncomfortable.