Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 02:29 AM

Default Re: Negreanu\'s latest blog update...

Sirio,

I think there was an anomally at the Rio that caused some points-ties and 7 extra qualifiers.

The whole TOC-system this year was kind of goofy. They did a complete 180 with this year's TOC, changing it from an elite 1-table tourney to a somewhat amazing opportunity for Circuit Tour players to get a bite of this freeroll. The promotion was definetely responsible for higher attendance at the CT events and I know that some pros made appearances at the events because of the overlay that the TOC-requirements were offering.

I don't have a copy of the rules handy, but I assure you it was made CLEAR that there would be no invites to the WSOP TOC 2005. A lot of great players and rookies alike came out to play the CT events and those who made the final two tables were the only ones who deserved a seat at Caesar's.

There are no ifs, ands or maybes related to the issue and I'm somewhat stupified that we are still talking about it. Harrah's messed up by inviting those three individuals randomly and the messed-up nature of the situation has snowballed with Hellmuth at the final table.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:26 AM

August 25 PR announcing TOC dates.

Nov. 1 PR for TOC, includes Brunson, Chan and Hellmuth.

List of TOC qualifiers

WSOP Circuit Points system
Making it 20 for each Circuit event would cause some problems, with 27 players qualified from the Rio because there were 8 players who had the same amount of points (10,000 for finishing 19-27). Standings after Day 2 at the Rio circuit event. Why they have an extra 100 points added to them I have no idea.

Regarding New Orleans, Brandon Adams somehow sneaks in there, because he's not listed on the list at the WSOP website. He finished 21st in the circuit ME, and must have had a placing that earned points in one of the other NO events but didn't cash. Joe Liebman had a 2nd in a 1k event, Dennis Perry already had a final table from the Rio.

Quite a mess Harrah's got itself into, maybe in year 3 they'll finally get it right: 12 WSOPC ME winners, WSOP ME final table, plus sponsor exemptions to create a field of 27.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:56 PM

First we had the killing fields of Cambodia, and now THIS. Oh the humanity.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:13 PM

If we only fight for what is right based on the wrong being worse than previous wrongs, then we might as well roll up camp now as civilization just left the building.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 11-09-2005, 02:38 PM

Wow, you really are out of it aren't you? Do you spend 2 hours arguing with the clerk at 7-11 over a mislabled pack of gum?
Old 11-09-2005, 02:45 PM

Let me expound for the reply I know is coming: Yes it is unfair, yes it sucks, I agree 100,000% (sic). But sometimes the people who pay the bills crap on us. To imply (as you do) that this kind of injustice--perpertrated on people who can lose $1 mil+ in a night and whistle all the way home--has any bearing, cause-effect relationship, foreboding or otherwise parable to any of the REAL injustices in the world is so far beyond ludicrous that it's not worth the time I'm spending typing th
Old 11-09-2005, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me expound for the reply I know is coming: Yes it is unfair, yes it sucks, I agree 100,000% (sic). But sometimes the people who pay the bills crap on us. To imply (as you do) that this kind of injustice--perpertrated on people who can lose $1 mil+ in a night and whistle all the way home--has any bearing, cause-effect relationship, foreboding or otherwise parable to any of the REAL injustices in the world is so far beyond ludicrous that it's not worth the time I'm spending typing this

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why did you spend the time typing it (sorry, couldn't resist). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seriously though, one thing's for sure ... I don't know about you, but with me ... when someone 'craps' on me, I for one remember, and don't give them a 2nd chance to do it again.

Thus, in that same light, TPTB of the TOC will from this point going forward, have SERIOUS credibility issues, all because of this change.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let me expound for the reply I know is coming: Yes it is unfair, yes it sucks, I agree 100,000% (sic). But sometimes the people who pay the bills crap on us. To imply (as you do) that this kind of injustice--perpertrated on people who can lose $1 mil+ in a night and whistle all the way home--has any bearing, cause-effect relationship, foreboding or otherwise parable to any of the REAL injustices in the world is so far beyond ludicrous that it's not worth the time I'm spending typing this

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why did you spend the time typing it (sorry, couldn't resist). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seriously though, one thing's for sure ... I don't know about you, but with me ... when someone 'craps' on me, I for one remember, and don't give them a 2nd chance to do it again.

Thus, in that same light, TPTB of the TOC will from this point going forward, have SERIOUS credibility issues, all because of this change.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah! yeah! you show them! man they are going to regret [censored] with you.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:38 PM

i'm only watching it on tv, so to me, i'd rather watch johnnie chan and phil hellmuth than 2 no-names i've never heard of...