Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Action-packed suited connector

Every street debatable. No reliable reads yet.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (26.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 32.20 BB
Old 11-20-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Action-packed suited connector

[ QUOTE ]
Every street debatable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop is very easy.

All right, now I'll look at the rest of the hand.

Edit: Hmm. This does turn into a confusing mess, doesn't it?

Edit 2: Try putting MP1 on a hand, by the way. That's a challenge.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This does turn into a confusing mess, doesn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the weirdest hand I've played in at least 2 months. Look at all the different aggressors.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:06 PM

why no c/r on the flop. it seems standard.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ad10d?
Old 11-20-2005, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A4s, 44, 54s. Makes the idiot straight, then realizes too late it's no good.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ad10d?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I think it's 2 pair or a set that knew he needed to fill up on the river for his hand to be good. He played it poorly by capping the turn, but I think that's what he had.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why no c/r on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 reasons.

1) The PFR was a poster, and therefore a bit less likely to auto-continuation bet the flop
2) I'd rather trap the most people in this hand that I can, since I have top pair and a straight draw. I don't need to clean up any outs, and it does little good to try to c/r and get this heads up.

I may be wrong, but this is what I was thinking when I bet the flop. UTG's raise surprised me, so I decided to just call and see the turn.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:20 PM

I agree, we should be looking to c/r the flop given the position of the PFR. Lucky for us UTG popped it, but then nobody folds. You have to assume lots of people have an OESD.

Turn, I like the aggression to try to fold T's. If you can fold a 9 and reduce the number of people you're splitting with, even better.

Same thing on the river. MP1 probably had a 4 or T, but if betting into his cap made him give up a 9, awesome. MP3 thinks the same thing, but CO isn't folding, so when it's back to you it's time to close the action. Nicely done.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:23 PM

Hmm. Well, checkraising the flop would be a good plan if we could rely on the action going check, check, check, check, auto-bet. But we can't. Someone may interfere, and we can't count on an auto-bet even if everyone does check to the raiser. So if we get to checkraise the PFR, the chances are better than they would be on a different flop in a less multiway hand that we're up against an overpair.

I like the bet, I guess. It won't protect your hand, though (and I think it's going to be very hard to protect your draw), unless you get raised pretty quickly, but there should be some value in it, and we don't want this getting checked through.

So you bet, UTG immediately raises, and then everyone cold-calls. What the hell is going on?

I think I might lead the turn, just because 4-straight boards are so scary, but it doesn't really surprise me when MP1 wakes up. You gotta figure someone will. But now CO is raising again. What does he have, 99? Since it's probably not T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], following through with the check/3-bet seems okay to me. We'd rather not fold someone who's drawing dead, but someone who's doing that will probably give up anyway, and we might as well charge flush draws (and maybe someone will stubbornly hang on with 44).

I don't like it when MP1 caps, but I would love it if I knew in advance that he was going to fold the river. I guess he was pumping his full-house/quads draw on the turn?

I don't know what MP3 is doing on the river. I guess he was slowplaying, hopefully on the flop rather than the turn. Chances are we're not doing any better than chopping with him, though, and if this is some weird desperation river bluff-raise, you wouldn't think he'd call with it anyway. For his part, CO does appear to have a 9, though I guess something else like 88 is possible.

I don't know. Just calling MP3's raise seems okay.

What a strange hand. If I had played it, at showdown I think the only outcome that would really surprise me would be if I won outright. I'd be hoping to chop, and I'd be hoping that chop wasn't 3-way.