Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 10-04-2005, 06:24 AM
Bigdaddydvo Bigdaddydvo is offline
Senior Member

Default Illegal Eurobet Software

(Cross posted this on the Software forum)

Just got this this morning:

Dear XXXXXX.

[ QUOTE ]
We would like to inform you that during a routine inspection of your
account
our Investigations Team have discovered the use of illegal software in
conjunction with Coral Eurobet Poker.

At Coral Eurobet Poker we are dedicated to ensuring that no player has
an
unfair advantage over another player, and therefore do not accept the
use of
any software that may provide this through either data mining or using
an
automatic play function.

We request that you do not use any software of this kind in conjunction
with
our Poker Room, and regret to inform you that should your account be
detected using this software again then we will be forced to close the
account.

Coral Eurobet Poker would like to thank you for your co-operation in
this
matter.

Kind regards

Andy

Andy Toben
Gaming Executive.
Coral Eurobet

www.coral.co.uk
www.eurobet.com

[/ QUOTE ]
Wanted to post here before calling to see what the deal is. Software wise, all I've used is Poker Tracker/Playerview. The only thing I can think of is that I used Poker Prophecy's 10 free web based searches before I figured out, via this forum, that its software is bannable (never downloaded anything from them). I'm behind the power curve, yes, but this was maybe a week ago. I'd appreciate any insight.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:35 AM
M Tal M Tal is offline
Member

Default Re: Illegal Eurobet Software

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I can think of is that I used Poker Prophecy's 10 free web based searches before I figured ....

Old 10-04-2005, 11:39 AM
davehwm davehwm is offline
Junior Member

The only thing I can think of is that I used Poker Prophecy's 10 free web based searches before I figured ....

The software is bannable. But, how would typing ten names into their web client be detected by Eurobet?
Old 10-04-2005, 11:42 AM
teddyFBI teddyFBI is offline
Member

many other users have reported the exact same thing.
it's the free searches that screwed u
Old 10-04-2005, 11:47 AM
davehwm davehwm is offline
Junior Member

[ QUOTE ]
many other users have reported the exact same thing.
it's the free searches that screwed u

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I'm out of the loop on this one then. I'd love a technical explanation from someone who can explain how they detect such a thing. And, if they are detecting either 1) what you have open in your web browser 2) the information you're sending through an outside website -- what is the legality of this?

I can think of plenty of ways they can detect software being run 'on top of' or in conjunction with their software, but can't really imagine that they're monitoring information being sent through another website. An e-mail like that would lead me to believe that they're detecting either PT or Playerview.

I'm interested in this so I'm going to do a search, but would appreciate some insight.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Bigdaddydvo Bigdaddydvo is offline
Senior Member

I wrote this morning and explained the situation...I think now all is right with the world:

[ QUOTE ]
Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for for your reply and support regarding this.

Should you have any further questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact me further.

Kind regards
Andy

Andy Toben
Gaming Executive.
Coral Eurobet

www.coral.co.uk
www.eurobet.com

Old 10-04-2005, 12:15 PM
TheNoodleMan TheNoodleMan is offline
Senior Member

Location: Bloomington , IN

would it kill them to actually say "yes, it is the prophecy free search," and clear up any confusion?
Old 10-04-2005, 12:43 PM
[...]

My guess: There is a cookie of some sort from Poker Prophecy. Eurobet detects the cookie, and matches the time stamp on it with time you've been playing poker on their site. If they match, they warn or ban you.

BTW, last night I withdrew $1K from Eurobet, so I'm wondering if the withdrawal initiated a software audit of my system.

Just a thought.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:34 PM
CLC CLC is offline
Member

Default VERY Nicely Done

Your explanation was TOP NOTCH! Even got a gig in there about chat spam.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:58 PM
Bigdaddydvo Bigdaddydvo is offline
Senior Member

Default Re: VERY Nicely Done

[ QUOTE ]
Your explanation was TOP NOTCH! Even got a gig in there about chat spam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I have a feeling these sites will treat you better if you're upfront and honest about what happened.

And yes, chat spam is a big pet peave of mine.