Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Playing too passive?

a flop like this is exactly the reason you fold this UTG.

however, you are in. You can: 1) fold to the bet; or 2) reraise the bet to make the bettor decide how to proceed. a bet of 150 seems like what i would RR to, if i chose to do that...
Old 05-20-2005, 08:15 PM

I definitely agree that this is a fold preflop, but since this is a Stars structure it isn't terrible. In a Party structure, a play like this would be much much worse.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:49 PM

well, you got yourself into this mess, but lets see what you should do on the river, as i imagine thats what you're really asking.

basically, there are no hands that your opponent could possibly have that you will beat with your KJ. If he has a K, the only kickers that you beat are 8 and below. He very well could have a flopped 2 pair, since he's in the blinds. A straight certainly isnt out of the question. You are not going to win this pot unless you bluff him off of it, so unless you're feeling bold, its time to fold and cut your losses.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:59 AM

This is a $10 SnG. SB can have virtually ANY two cards here (to a certain extent depending on what time it is on the West Coast). Including AT, QT, JT, Q9, J9 and K with a worse kicker.

Of course the hero's big mistake (apart from calling preflop) is not to raise to define his hand on and after the flop.

On the river there's T520 in the pot and the cost is T120 to call. He just has to win one of out five times to justify the call. He will. I don't see him folding the river here.

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)