Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-26-2005, 04:28 AM

Default AQ 50NL

$.25/.50 homegame. 6 handed. Hand happened a little while back, so forgive me if details are a bit sketchy.

Hero (TAG) has $70 and covers villan(who has $40). Villan is usually solid, c-bets 95% of the time, and is a good player. He has good hand values, good sense of value betting, etc. He has had a rough run of cards and has lost some of his stack.

PF: All fold to villan (in LP) who raises to $2. Hero calls on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. All else fold. 2 to the flop.

($4.75)Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villan leads for $3. Hero calls $3.

($10.75)Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villan checks. Hero checks.

($10.75)River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villan bets $5. Hero calls $5.

Raise this flop always? I thought I was (far) ahead of all his possible holdings and see if he would fire a 2nd barrel. Played too passively? I checked the turn to hit my heart. Too weak here?
Old 12-26-2005, 04:32 AM

Default Re: AQ 50NL

[ QUOTE ]
$.25/.50 homegame. 6 handed. Hand happened a little while back, so forgive me if details are a bit sketchy.

Hero (TAG) has $70 and covers villan(who has $40). Villan is usually solid, c-bets 95% of the time, and is a good player. He has good hand values, good sense of value betting, etc. He has had a rough run of cards and has lost some of his stack.

PF: All fold to villan (in LP) who raises to $2. Hero calls on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. All else fold. 2 to the flop.

($4.75)Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villan leads for $3. Hero calls $3.

($10.75)Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villan checks. Hero checks.

($10.75)River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villan bets $5. Hero calls $5.

Raise this flop always? I thought I was (far) ahead of all his possible holdings and see if he would fire a 2nd barrel. Played too passively? I checked the turn to hit my heart. Too weak here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play it the same, lame you can't get more value out of the very likely best hand but I don't think you should play it any different.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:38 AM

I do bet the turn for pot. I think you are far ahead of villain's hand range.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:38 AM

If hes c-betting 95% of the time im raising him on the flop. Other then that it looks fine to me, especially if your home games are anything like mine are.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If hes c-betting 95% of the time im raising him on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain that logic
Old 12-26-2005, 04:44 AM

I like the flop call. I think I would bet the turn for ~$7 or so. You got TPTK and the nut flush draw. Bet it now in case you do hit the flush, as that would likely kill your action.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:45 AM

Looks too timid. On flop the call is okay, raise could have been in order too,(its a good opportunty to build agresive image). If villain is agresive player and your thoughts were to induce a river bluff your check isn't bad, but ud have to feel strongly that he bet out, otherwise a 1/2-2/3 pot bet is in order. Either way i think you should have 2x-3x river. The only realistic hands that beat you are kk-AA or a set (88/1010/QQ) but based on the turn check i would put him on bluff (with what ahnd hed raise and Cb late position) or k-q/q-j maybe. Either way, river raise is a freeroll if bluff and it puts pressure on him if he holds k-q or q-j (an it builds your agres image). What were results?
Old 12-26-2005, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks too timid. On flop the call is okay, raise could have been in order too,(its a good opportunty to build agresive image). If villain is agresive player and your thoughts were to induce a river bluff your check isn't bad, but ud have to feel strongly that he bet out, otherwise a 1/2-2/3 pot bet is in order. Either way i think you should have 2x-3x river. The only realistic hands that beat you are kk-AA or a set (88/1010/QQ) but based on the turn check i would put him on bluff (with what ahnd hed raise and Cb late position) or k-q/q-j maybe. Either way, river raise is a freeroll if bluff and it puts pressure on him if he holds k-q or q-j (an it builds your agres image). What were results?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate betting a good hand when I'm representing a great hand. If you raise here you're not representing tptk, you're representing a flush, so you'll only be called by a solid player here if he thinks you're bluffing (wich probably isn't likely given hero's image). There's almost no value in raising the river.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:44 AM

Say that instead of the given action, the action goes
Flop- villan leads/hero raises/villan calls
Turn- villan checks/...

Is this a clear check behind? (This is given the same cards on flop/turn).
Old 12-26-2005, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Say that instead of the given action, the action goes
Flop- villan leads/hero raises/villan calls
Turn- villan checks/...

Is this a clear check behind? (This is given the same cards on flop/turn).

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, you have the Ah and besides KQ there isn't much villain is calling with on the turn. I don't think this is the time to get greedy.