Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2005, 02:35 AM

Default Christmas AQ Terror

Every one of my premium hands on this table I've had to give up on. I can't hit a flop to save my life and I'm starting to lose the memory of what a pair is (and the rest of the table know it). No one folds the flop on this table with even a glimmer of winning the hand. I've been pushed off so many hands now I'm starting to chuck my toys out of my stroller and just about to jump on the floor in full tilt tantrum. This was the closest I came to a descent flop for like 150 hands so I wanted to [censored] win it.

MP3 is 29/16/1.4
UTG is 24/2/1.8

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>,

Planning to fold to a 3bet or betting any river.

Flame away.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:41 AM

Default Re: Christmas AQ Terror

I c/r the flop against this guy
Old 12-26-2005, 02:45 AM

Is there a single card that could come on the river that would make this worth holding on to? Qd? Td? Other than those, which probably only tie or come in second, I don't think anything else improves your hand.

I kind of like the raise on the turn but from your description of the table it doesn't sound like it will get rid of AK, KQ, or a real flush draw, all of which make you cry.

It might be time to check and see if anyone is watching and quietly switch to a table where you aren't card dead.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:30 AM

This looks like a spot villain may be raising light.
I might prefer a 3-bet preflop.

As you played it I think you might be better off check-raising the flop rather than the turn.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:38 AM

3-bet preflop. He is a 16 PFR and he is possibly isolating.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:27 AM

Glancing at this hand quickly I thought, "yeah just c/r the flop, easy".

Then I started thinking about it a little more. After a while, I started thinking it's entirely possible we can cause villains to make more FTOP errors by just calling the flop.

Then I went to think about it some more.