Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Re: confused with QQ

[ QUOTE ]
Someone has a set of 6s, and also 3's, I hate to do it but you have to fold this. I had this exact hand last night. I kept on fighting amist all the raising just to be completely beaten.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, this is just weak. [nit]In the first place, nobody has a set of 6s...it's either quads or trips, not a set.[/nit] Second, you don't have a read that either of these players is loose enough to be playing 33 against a UTG raiser without a bunch of cold-callers in between...in fact, your read is the opposite. And, regardless of what they have (unless it's the very-unlikely quads), you have the odds to draw. It's that simple.

Your "ha(ving) this exact hand last night" is immaterial. You could have the exact same hand 1,300 times in a row and it wouldn't matter, you should still call this flop. Period.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:40 PM

I would fold and not feel bad about it.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3bettor is 28/4/.76 and capper is 21/5/2.67 both over only 50 hands

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, BB calls, Hero...

What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

BB gets 7:1 preflop and leads this flop, then calls 3 cold back to him at best getting 18:3 or about 6:1.
BB should have a flush draw, 54, pp or a 6.

MP3 3-bets and CO caps the flop. I think it is safe to put at least one player on a flush draw here.

I like calling the flop. On a safe turn card you can get a feel for what's up. If BB checks I would check the turn also...