Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 02:46 AM

Default My brain hurts...

I just blew $300 playing 3/6 against some mind-numbingly bad players. I was playing pretty tight (for me) but there isn't a player in the world that wouldn't go broke the way the cards ran tonight.

For your enjoyment....

AQs (all-in)loses to 65s capped preflop 5 ways - 6's over 5's.

Pocket J's loses to A3s (capped flop)- runner,runner flush.

AK is called all the way down with K4 board is Axx 4 K.

But the best one was capped 4 ways preflop. Flop comes AhQh10s: Bet, call, call, call. Turn 8h: Bet, call, call, call. River Jh: Check, check, check, bet. Original bettor goes in the tank and calls with AQos for 2 pair. River bettor shows Qc2h for a flush. Yes, her deuce made the flush.

There were more, but these were the only ones I could recall when I got home. One gentleman in particular made it a point to raise with any two suited card regardless of position. Pardon me while I go bang my head against the wall for a while....
Old 12-07-2005, 03:01 AM

Default Re: My brain hurts...

[ QUOTE ]
AK is called all the way down with K4 board is Axx 4 K

[/ QUOTE ]

Good news!! You won this hand.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:35 AM

No, I think I folded 5,2 preflop. I had that hand or comparable hands about 75% of the time.

In the 5 hours or so I was there, my only legitimate raising hands were AQs, kings, and jacks twice.

Edit - Only the kings held up. The other time my jacks lost was to pocket kings (no reraise preflop).
Old 12-07-2005, 04:51 AM

3/6 live is good times. I played this past weekend w/similarly bad results. Set of 10's went down to inside strt draw-out; set of 4's went down to inside strt draw-out; TPTK w/AJ got check-raised by rivered set; last hand KK flopped AAK vs AK. I only lost $150 total, I must be great [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] My buddy on my right was intercepting all the fish money and left up $260.