Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums

Old 11-30-2005, 04:41 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.
Default Re: Video Game Forum

Leave OOT alone.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Leave OOT alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. It's already been diluted enough.

Boot:
[ QUOTE ]
Anything entertainment-wise with substance, should have its own catergory seperated from OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's your opinion, and I strongly disagree with it. We don't need lots of little forums for each and every niche. That would defeat much of the fun of OOT. Honestly, if you really want a video game forum, there are plenty of them out there.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:59 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anything entertainment-wise with substance, should have its own catergory seperated from OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's your opinion, and I strongly disagree with it. We don't need lots of little forums for each and every niche. That would defeat much of the fun of OOT. Honestly, if you really want a video game forum, there are plenty of them out there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Spot on. Not only would it compromise OOT, there is really no point. There really is very little content that could go in most of these little sub-forums. Most worthy thread ideas end up in OOT (minus the 74 XBox 360 threads). You'd end up getting a few new threads a day, most of them garbage and very little worthwhile content. Look at sports, a topic that is essentially 24-hour news. Sometiems that forum goes dead for hours at a time.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would u please LEAVE OOT alone.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-01-2005, 03:39 AM

I don't think that it's necessary, all of those things fit in with OOT. This is a poker forum, not a general discussion forum.

Bad Beats was added because there was no other forum suitable for bad beat posts.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:19 AM

Maybe if we have a video game forum, we should have a seperate category for each game platform, including PC. I know how annoyed I would be having to hear about the Game Cube, when I really only care about PlayStation2.

I also think if we are going to take Video Games from OOT, we should also have seperate forums for "masturbation" threads and "sex" threads.

And, oh, how could I forget, a seperate forum for each drug; i.e. marijuana, coke, meth, etc...

If we did the three above things the forum would be perfect.

craig

p.s. Anybody think we need a "paper clip/staples" forum? Sometimes I don't know which to use. Like, when I filed my quarterly taxes, I was lost. But, if we had a forum for this, I would have been good to go (Okay, I am joking, I don't file quarterly taxes).
Old 12-01-2005, 06:50 AM

Craig,

That's insane, paper clip/staples is way too narrow.

What we should have is a "bindings & adhesives" forum , so that it could include discussion of paper clips and staples, as well tape, glue, and other items used for holding things together.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Craig,

What we should have is a "bindings & adhesives" forum , so that it could include discussion of paper clips and staples, as well tape, glue, and other items used for holding things together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I didn't even think of that. But, what do you mean by holding things? Like binders, trapper keepers, etc? Or did you mean boxes and the like?

Maybe we should have a suggestions forum for just you and I. I think we have a firm grasp on what is necessary and what is not. I do moderate two forums already, but this one shouldn't be too hard.

craig
Old 12-01-2005, 08:40 AM

Just for the record I meant one forum for all 4 topics combined. The last thing anyone needs is 45 catergories for everything under the sun especially stuff that doesnt pertain to poker.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Craig,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I didn't even think of that. But, what do you mean by holding things? Like binders, trapper keepers, etc? Or did you mean boxes and the like?

Maybe we should have a suggestions forum for just you and I. I think we have a firm grasp on what is necessary and what is not. I do moderate two forums already, but this one shouldn't be too hard.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess binders fit it, but boxes would have to be in the "storage and shipping" forum. That could be for boxes, envelopes, shelving, file cabinets, and the such.