Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-20-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Action-packed suited connector

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edit 2: Try putting MP1 on a hand, by the way. That's a challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ad10d?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I think it's 2 pair or a set that knew he needed to fill up on the river for his hand to be good. He played it poorly by capping the turn, but I think that's what he had.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first thought that came into my head was something like 55-88. And, yeah, that would have been played pretty poorly...
Old 11-20-2005, 10:31 PM

You played the hand fine. I would have been more aggressive on the flop. You want to put maxmimum pressure on that 9T and the other nines to fold, in case they're out there. With this flop, you arent that much of an underdog to AA, and have outs if someone flopped a monster like three of a kind. Plus, if you manage to get heads up with a big pair, you will know your two pair is good if you hit your nine instead of making the straight. If they all call, you have to be careful, obviously, because the 8s will have a straight.

The strange player coming out of the woodworks to raise on the river is nebulous, but you should still call. The only hand that is beating you is T9, but you should be aware that value betting the river has less value, since you are probably chopping with at least one other player, and if 9T is out there, he will raise and re-raise, costing you bets.

-J
Old 11-20-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only hand that is beating you is J9

[/ QUOTE ]

9T.