Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2003, 11:25 PM

Default partypoker ***nm***

Old 02-17-2003, 11:53 PM

Default Two questions

Tyler's turn 3-bet made me think he had a set of 10's or 9s possibly. There was also the chance he had AK or even AQs.

Why is AA not a possibility?

Also, would you have played AT or ATs the same way?
Old 02-18-2003, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Two questions

AA is a possibility but my having AK and there being an ace on board lessens the likelihood of that occurring...it is more likely that he either has AK, AQ a set or is making a move at the pot. Either way, if he has a set he has me badly beat no matter which particular set he has. If I had AT or ATs I may very well play this way postflop...though not always. It is key to never always do something in poker just like I wouldn't always checkraise the turn in this spot (I may play faster initially, I may wait for the riv...it depends...I like to mix it up). It depends on the game how I play A10 or A10s preflop in this spot (raise or call). A10o is pretty marginal in this spot against one limper (unless they are pretty bad)...

Jeff
Old 02-18-2003, 12:53 AM

I wouldn't have three-bet pre-flop with ATs or ATo. As for AA, I probably would have played it the same way. I was pretty sure Jeff didn't have AA or KK b/c I had one of each and there was one of each on the board.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:12 AM

Default Re: 5-10 online hand played against the one and only JEFFAGE

What move eliminates the possibility of AT for Jeffage?
Old 02-18-2003, 10:18 AM

I wouldn't have three-bet pre-flop with ATs or ATo.

I'm confused. Jeffage wasn't the one who 3-bet preflop. You were.

Does this mean that with AT in Jeffage's position you would've folded after your re-reraise?
Old 02-18-2003, 01:41 PM

I think you're confusing me now. I was the PF 3-bettor, and I wouldn't have 3-bet with ATs.
Old 02-18-2003, 02:08 PM

Default Re: 5-10 online hand played against the one and only JEFFAGE

mdlm,

I don't know for sure, but I suspect Jefferage would not raise an EP limper with AT suited or no.
Old 02-18-2003, 02:18 PM

I think you're confusing me now. I was the PF 3-bettor, and I wouldn't have 3-bet with ATs.

LOL. Here is my question: How come no one puts Jeffage on AT/ATs?

In a post above Clarkmeister says he doesn't think that Jeffage would've raised an EP limper with AT/ATs. Jeffage himself says that he might've played AT/ATs this way.

Did you consider the possibility that Jeffage had AT/ATs and had you beat when you re-popped him on the turn?
Old 02-18-2003, 02:54 PM

I am not Lee Jones...I (and many others) find his preflop selection advice very bad, so trying to uncover my analyis based on his writings may lead you to some strange conclusions. My comments were about postflop play (as it related to ATs) and not preflop play. If your standard play is to raise one limper with A10o, your preflop play may need some work. A10s usually prefers many callers..in the passive game we were in (as Tyler wrote) I would likely call with that hand and hope for a multiway pot. I may fold A10o with just one limper. Of course, I could raise with either hand if a loose player was the limper or if the game was more ram and jam I'd prob toss A10o and raise A10s....I like to vary my play, but you have to consider the action (here, one limper) and the game conditions. Clark's suggestion that I wouldn't raise one limper with A10 is (generally) correct.

Jeff