Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-28-2005, 10:21 AM

Default Stud tracking software

a Friend of mine and i are about to begin work on a stud tracking program. i have seen other threads in this forum and know there is some interest, but would appreciate more input.
first of all, although it would be very useful, starting hand analysis seems overly cumbersome.in holdem there are only 169 possible SH combinations while in stud there are 60 for a pair of aces plus 1 other card alone. so we are leaning towards scrapping SH analysis( as well as known starting hands for opponents.)
Basically we are thinking of tracking earnings and a HUD that shows % c 4th,AG factor,% go2 sho, % win sho, And table stats.
we are also considering a dead card tracker possibly as an add on.( i dont consider it cheating because anyone can keep cards in 1 game. it will just make multitabling easier).
we are wondering what people would pay for this software and any CONSTRUCTIVE comments would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Stud tracking software

I'd be prepared to pay $25 - $50 for this, dependent upon functionality - a product like this would be really useful. A few comments on features:

1. Please don't just make it Party - compliant. Other major sites as well, please!

2. I'd give a bit more granularity on responses on each of the streets - % Bet/Raise/Call/Check-Raise.

3. I'm not sure about the dead - card tracker - it might be nice to have, but I wouldn't want you to hold up development for it.

Best Wishes and go to it - I'd be happy to beta test [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Paul
Old 11-28-2005, 01:50 PM

Don't forget about stud/8 and razz, especially stud/8.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:54 PM

Also, an important thing, would be betting % on 4th with a pair door card, eg. % single bets paired door card, % double bets paired door card % checks paired door card as well as % calls a double bet from a pair door card. These stats might be able to give someone multitabling stud an advantage over those single tabling without the tracker.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:48 PM

check out
http://handcollective.com
they do some stud data mining among other games for stars and party. perhaps its not exactly what you are looking for, but could be useful.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:30 AM

I think if you lump starting hands together you could simplify things. 3 straight, 3 flush, high pair (jacks or better) low pair. you could get a little more inclusive and add things like straight (one gap), straight two suited etc.
I think using those guidelines you could be pretty inclusive and still have not that many hands.

another thing that I would like to know is steal effectiveness percentage. i.e how often do they fold their bring in if the raiser has a 3 showing, a 4, 5, 6, etc. if they are the only ones left to act.

a percentage here would be quite useful I think in deciding if I want to attempt a steal

I also like the paired door card thing etc.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a Friend of mine and i are about to begin work on a stud tracking program. i have seen other threads in this forum and know there is some interest, but would appreciate more input.
first of all, although it would be very useful, starting hand analysis seems overly cumbersome.in holdem there are only 169 possible SH combinations while in stud there are 60 for a pair of aces plus 1 other card alone. so we are leaning towards scrapping SH analysis( as well as known starting hands for opponents.)
Basically we are thinking of tracking earnings and a HUD that shows % c 4th,AG factor,% go2 sho, % win sho, And table stats.
we are also considering a dead card tracker possibly as an add on.( i dont consider it cheating because anyone can keep cards in 1 game. it will just make multitabling easier).
we are wondering what people would pay for this software and any CONSTRUCTIVE comments would be greatly appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

With regards to organizing the starting hand analysis, I think it can be done in a reasonable way (says the guy who isn't a programmer). I don't think anyone really wants to know what they've done holding exactly QQ8, but they just want to do know what they've done with QQx. So all you need are various sorting parameters that can be turned on and off individually. The user can help specify by telling it to find hands that match ALL OF THE FOLLOWING or AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:

1) Up-card (2-A)
2) Suitedness (one suit, two suit, three suits)
3) Pair in the hole (Y/N)
4) 3-straight (ie, T98)
5) Gapped straight (iem T87, T86)
6) Rolled up (Y/N)

And for Stud/8 (which you should definitely include):

7) 8-lows
8) 7-better-lows
9) Pair + low/ace

Once you've flagged a hand with the various markers, searching and sorting should be very fast and painless.