Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 09:07 AM

Default Playing REALLY Loose tables

Hi guys, Looking for advice on extracting maximum value from really loose tables!

I'm playing a UK only site, with a .25/50p game (roughly equal to .5/$1) that play like a play money table on most other sites!

I'm regularly seeing 5 or more callers to an UTG raise, and 7-10 to the flop in unraised pots! 3-5 players seeing a showdown is not uncommon either!

So far I've been pretty much playing the same TAG type style I play at .5/$1 at party/paradise etc, and am doing pretty OK, but I get the feeling I'm leaving money on the table still!

can't give stats, the site isn't PT compatable, but we are taking about games with the average player at 60%+ VPIP, many of them playing every hand, the basic strategy seems to be play any 2 cards, if you hit a pair call down, if you don't hit a pair, call down anyhow as you might!

So what adjustments do I make to really crush these tables?

Mat
Old 11-03-2005, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Playing REALLY Loose tables

1. Read SSHE.
2. ???
3. Profit.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:22 AM

I've got SSH open in front of me right now actually, I'm re-reading the preflop section

I've always based my preflop play around the "tight" chart, but it seems to me that these games should be made for the "loose" chart, but reading it that loose chart seems really Laggy! Raise KJs UTG for example? any suited A from any position, this is going to take some getting used to!

Mat
Old 11-03-2005, 09:27 AM

I am moving to UK
Old 11-03-2005, 09:33 AM

Wouldn't get too excited, theres rarely a game higher than 25/50p going on there, occasionally I manage to find a 50p/£1 table at the weekend, that plays the same too!

It's not going to make me rich, but it's fun, expecially when the cards run for you, I made 70BB in around 3 hours play last night!

Mat
Old 11-03-2005, 09:34 AM

I believe there's a really good section in HEFAP on playing in loose games.

Basically, it suggests not raising some hands that you should (particularly in early position). The hands that you should do this with are the ones that lose value with many opponents. (I think the examples they give are AQo and maybe AKo.)

It also suggests playing suited connectors in almost any position. (Read the section, I'm sure there's more detail.)

My advise: lose the bluff. Unimproved overcards: treat as weak drawing hands. Made hand: value bet/raise the crap out of it. Strong draws on flop: value bet, trap/check raise the hell out of your multiple opponents. Bad beats: expect it!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2005, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm re-reading the preflop section

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't. reread the POSTFLOP section.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've got SSH open in front of me right now actually, I'm re-reading the preflop section

I've always based my preflop play around the "tight" chart, but it seems to me that these games should be made for the "loose" chart, but reading it that loose chart seems really Laggy! Raise KJs UTG for example? any suited A from any position, this is going to take some getting used to!

Mat

[/ QUOTE ]

You raises those suited aces, and KJ suited, because everyone will call and you'll see the flop with 7 players and if you make your flush, you'll win a 20+BB pot.