Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 04:19 AM

Default Fighting the Blinds

BB is 33.3/24.4/2.60 over 45 hands so not much of a read on this guy. From what I have been seeing, he raises high PP and Big Connectors.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

I'm thinking I should have raised preflop?

Flop: (3 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

I thought about this for several seconds and decided that at this point a 3-bet was the best play.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Critique the turn and river please? Should I have folded the turn after the BB raise?

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
Old 12-19-2005, 04:26 AM

Default Re: Fighting the Blinds

I don't think there's a ton of value in raising QJo OOP preflop, you gotta call the turn because you still have a ton of outs could catch another heart and beat a lower flush or you could catch a Q or a J and boat up.

I call the river as well because you're getting 9.5 to 1 and he is a semi-LAG. I play it the same.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:39 AM

Standard.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:36 AM

How standard is this preflop? Raising looks better if the limper is the right kind of opponent and the BB doesn't defend too liberally. Even if he does, you probably have good equity here, but I'm probably completeing if the BB is extremely loose and the limper isn't.

As for the turn, folding isn't an option. I'm on the edge between 3bet/calling and calling down here, just because the board is relatively scary. His flop raise means he has any card from 9 through K in his hand.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:08 AM

I really can't see how you could possibly play this better.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Standard.

[/ QUOTE ]