Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: airsoft

my buddy got a bunch of guys together his freshman year at UPenn and broke into some building and had a crazy battle. they turned off all the lights and had camo and skimasks and protective gear. they caught hell for it, but apparently it was pretty sweet.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:52 PM

Sorry, but I've been going to these links and trying to figure this [censored] out. What exactly is the appeal of this? Why would anyone play "airsoft" instead of paintball? As far as I can tell, the only pros of airsoft are the replica models and no worrying about stains from paint. The cons are more dangerous (?) and more chance of getting in legal trouble.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, but I've been going to these links and trying to figure this [censored] out. What exactly is the appeal of this? Why would anyone play "airsoft" instead of paintball? As far as I can tell, the only pros of airsoft are the replica models and no worrying about stains from paint. The cons are more dangerous (?) and more chance of getting in legal trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

It boils down to the fact that most males think anything that shoots is cool. Anything you can shoot at someone else indoors, and not get hurt too bad is even cooler.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:06 PM

Maybe it was my upbringing (hunting since I can remember, with guns always in the house), but I'm pretty offended by a product designed to allow you to "play" by shooting someone with a supposedly non-lethal pellet. Ive seen the size of the airsoft pellets and they could easily cause injury to someone who's not wearing protective eyewear. Pointing a gun at someone and firing is serious, and should be treated as such, regarless of weather or not theyre "likely" to be harmed.

BTW, I dont have a problem with the use of paintball guns, but am offended by the immature behavior of some paintball gun owners. A friend of mine lost his eyesight due to some one who didnt understand the first thing about firearm safty. It seems airsoft guns are designed strictly for this type of immature behavior. Paintball guns can be used responsibly and productively.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it was my upbringing (hunting since I can remember, with guns always in the house), but I'm pretty offended by a product designed to allow you to "play" by shooting someone with a supposedly non-lethal pellet. Ive seen the size of the airsoft pellets and they could easily cause injury to someone who's not wearing protective eyewear. Pointing a gun at someone and firing is serious, and should be treated as such, regarless of weather or not theyre "likely" to be harmed.

BTW, I dont have a problem with the use of paintball guns, but am offended by the immature behavior of some paintball gun owners. A friend of mine lost his eyesight due to some one who didnt understand the first thing about firearm safty. It seems airsoft guns are designed strictly for this type of immature behavior. Paintball guns can be used responsibly and productively.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong.. a lot of people do this for combat situations.. its very organized, a lot of the people in the club have actually been in real battle.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:06 PM

I got shot on the bridge of my nose between the nostrils when my roomate way lying on the ground behind a wall during a battle. My eyes started tearing up it hurt so bad. I'd go to school with like 10+ visible welts every day.

Really though, don't ever get involved with your roomates. I'd come home from school and my roomate would pop out of the closet or some [censored] and start peppering me, or I'd go upstairs to go asleep and my roomate would be pretending to sleep and pop out from under his covers and shoot me.

One of the best times though was when I got out of the shower and I'm walking down the hallway to my room and one of my roomates comes out ready to shoot me and I somehow convince him to put the gun away saying that I was unarmed and tired of this [censored] and was way too vulnerable just in my towel, he turns around to walk away and I pull a gun out that was tucked into the back of my towel and light him up.

Also, you will never ever be able to clean up your house enough and will find BBs everywhere.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And then some douche will end up shooting a hole in one of your 2001fps and end up getting kicked out of the dorms over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, he bought you a new 2001fp, you kept the old one and gave it to your brother and it worked reasonably fine but with just a dent on it.

I can't believe he got kicked out over that.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:10 PM

Airsoft guns are sweet. I keep an assault rifle fully loaded in my trunk at all times, and a pistol loaded in my glove box.

My favorite thing to do is to go to the restaurant I used to work at, drive up to the drive-through, then when the guy opens the window to help me, shoot him in the neck. Good times.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:16 PM

I had a small arsenal back in high school...was into paintball and that kinda crap. Lots of fun for getting together with a bunch of guys and drunk shooting each other. Spring pistols are cool for this kind of stuff, but I also picked up a gas powered HK pistol cause...well..it looked cool. Spring rifles are crap, don't get one. Make sure if you get a spring pistol, shell out enough so you';re not saddled with some crappy POS that will break after a month or so. BTW, those battery powered AKs and MP5s are crap as well.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong.. a lot of people do this for combat situations.. its very organized, a lot of the people in the club have actually been in real battle.

[/ QUOTE ]

If youre doing combat training, youd simply use paintballs. If youre behaving like an irresponsible drunk [censored], you'll use an airsoft gun.