Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 08:01 PM

Default A post to put all of your results in to perspective...

I'm played around 1900 sngs since jan this year.
Around 1350 of these are 22s.
Around 500 are $33s.
And maybe 40 $55s.

Overall, I have:
12.5% ROI at the $22s.
0% at the $33s
-38% at the $55s

I KNOW the reasons I have run poorly. It hasn't come from getting involved too much early, or being too conservative or too aggressive shorthanded. I'm not a perfect player, but I KNOW where my skill level is at, and KNOW I'm quite a bit better than these results suggest. So before any of you complain about your latest -30 buyin drop, please remember there are some who are much more unlucky and run thousands of sngs WELL below EV.

I'd happily take a 50 buyin drop every week if it meant I could hit EV every 1k sngs.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Re: A post to put all of your results in to perspective...

Have you beaten the $3 level before. This doesn't appear to be a variance. If I were you, I would take a closer look to see if you can beat the higher levels. Don't think that because you are beating the game for 12ROI on the 22's that will carry up.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:20 PM

"Have you beaten the $3 level before. This doesn't appear to be a variance. If I were you, I would take a closer look to see if you can beat the higher levels. Don't think that because you are beating the game for 12ROI on the 22's that will carry up."

These results have nothing to do with my skill. I've run very poorly over alot of sngs. I know what it looks like, but that's why I'm posting it (to show people how poorly you can run, and to show that maybe they're not so unlucky after all).
Old 08-12-2005, 08:22 PM

Forgot to add, I'm much better than 12% at the $22s.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:37 PM

just for references sake, you should probably post your total 22s stats for prior to this year.

citanul
Old 08-12-2005, 08:37 PM

Well I experienced such bad run last month.
I could'nt believe it. every day I was playing, I made 0/4 in the first 4 games. sometimes 0/8.

Finally when I look at my stats it was exactly a 0% ROI at the 33$ on 350 games. It so weird when your friends can't believe you on the importance of the variance. Half they believe you, half they think you don't play so well, after all !

But I can say that this bad run helped me to work the game.
Without it I would be weaker than now. I am almost happy to be well aware of that, while it wasn't so important to get some money.

I have decided to be a pro, and have still about one year to get a good level. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2005, 09:20 PM

These results are a little biased though. My $22 ROI a week ago was 21% over nearly 1k sngs, and has only dropped to 12% thanks to a 41 buyin drop (over the last 7 days).

My $33 ROI is low because I quit them at (what was probally near the end) of my first bad run.

$55s ROI is poor simply because of unlucky 4-5 handed.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KNOW the reasons I have run poorly. It hasn't come from getting involved too much early, or being too conservative or too aggressive shorthanded. I'm not a perfect player, but I KNOW where my skill level is at, and KNOW I'm quite a bit better than these results suggest.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, you know nothing at all. you have under 3k games played even with yer other results. you could be a losing player running well. what i see, is that its possible yer game is based upon beating the lower limits, and you dont know which adjustments need to be made to compete at the middle limit sngs. i have this problem too, as im barely above break even in the 215s, and losing money in the steps.. my game is beating hte 55s and 109s massive multitabling, and i should just stick to it. holla
Old 08-12-2005, 09:56 PM

"you could be a losing player running well"

Irie would have told me if I was no good when I got coaching. I have a solid understanding of sng theory and most of the HHs posted here a pretty clear.

"hat i see, is that its possible yer game is based upon beating the lower limits"

Actually my game was based upon beating $33s. When I got coaching from Irie this is the level I was playing. I only started playing $22s after I had the breakeven 450 $33s.

I do know why I've run badly, first at the $33s (I ran well then hit a 40 buyin losin streak) and now at the $22s (40 buyin drop over the last week). I know I've played decently, and I know I have decent skill. I've just run poor.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"you could be a losing player running well"

Irie would have told me if I was no good when I got coaching. I have a solid understanding of sng theory and most of the HHs posted here a pretty clear.

"hat i see, is that its possible yer game is based upon beating the lower limits"

Actually my game was based upon beating $33s. When I got coaching from Irie this is the level I was playing. I only started playing $22s after I had the breakeven 450 $33s.

I do know why I've run badly, first at the $33s (I ran well then hit a 40 buyin losin streak) and now at the $22s (40 buyin drop over the last week). I know I've played decently, and I know I have decent skill. I've just run poor.

[/ QUOTE ]

you cant blame running poorly forever.. must be somethign to it. double the amount played, then see where yer at. you could turn that 0% into 20%. holla