Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Daniel Negreanu\'s 2004 - Wow.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And he got married.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never would of guessed he was straight. Not being a smart ass but I had him pegged as a definate flamer.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Just of curiosity, how does that "gaydar" thing work? I never understood people who could instantly tell if someone was gay or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Look how he dresses? Earings? His voice? His hair? He's a vegetarian for crying out loud!!!!!!! All signs of GAY!!! Not that it matters, he is a great poker player. I am just mad because I always thought he was and I hate to be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

What did you do, grow up in a sitcom?
What about a personīs voice do you imagine signifies homosexuality? What about earrings is a sign of phallic desire?
Old 01-01-2005, 08:58 PM

And whats even more shocking, according to that picture he isn't BALD either! Seriously, I thought his haircut was some high fashion combover.

I'm balding so I was kind of dissappointed.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:36 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
And he got married.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never would of guessed he was straight. Not being a smart ass but I had him pegged as a definate flamer.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Just of curiosity, how does that "gaydar" thing work? I never understood people who could instantly tell if someone was gay or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Look how he dresses? Earings? His voice? His hair? He's a vegetarian for crying out loud!!!!!!! All signs of GAY!!! Not that it matters, he is a great poker player. I am just mad because I always thought he was and I hate to be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about a personīs voice do you imagine signifies homosexuality? What about earrings is a sign of phallic desire?

[/ QUOTE ]

so you're saying there's no such thing as a "gay" voice? get real.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:16 AM

I love all these politically correct people.... Yes 9 out of 10 gay people have a lisp or sound like a girl. Come on, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Once again, I DO NOT CARE IF HE IS GAY I am just upset that my read on him was wrong. No wonder he is such a good poker player, nobody can read him...
Old 01-02-2005, 06:20 AM

Uh I never noticed a pronounced lisp in Negreanu's speech...

And a gay man would never be caught dead with that haircut...wtf is thaat???
Old 01-02-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And he got married.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you're saying there's no such thing as a "gay" voice? get real.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not.
Ask yourself this, how many gay men do you know IRL, and how many have you "known" through the media?

Then go on to 201, why would there be a connection between tone of voice and sexuality?
Old 01-02-2005, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love all these politically correct people.... Yes 9 out of 10 gay people have a lisp or sound like a girl. Come on, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Once again, I DO NOT CARE IF HE IS GAY I am just upset that my read on him was wrong. No wonder he is such a good poker player, nobody can read him...

[/ QUOTE ]

Gah! Where did you learn this? Do you think "gay" men you see in tv shows are significant and representative of the gay population? You donīt think the media portrays the stereotype that people expect to see?
I, for instance, know three guys who are gay and two bisexuals. Neither has either a lisp or a "girl like" voice.
On the other hand I know quite a few straight guys with very soft voices.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:07 PM

Of the gay people I know, no one has that exaggerated stereotype voice. Seems like a poor indicator of being gay.

While if we were to believe sitcoms, every gay man speaks like that.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:44 PM

Direct quotes from Daniel's latest Blog entry.

"he gave me the puppy dog eyes and I just couldn't bring myself to take him off! I think he still thinks he was "unlucky!"

So that was my New Year's. As the clock struck midnight I was pocketing the six ball in the corner pocket..."

If he is gay, I'll be pretty P***ed, because that means he's been keeping some amazing talent off the market just to use as his "beard". That's a criminal act...
Old 01-02-2005, 10:54 PM

Are you saying he bluffed you? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Closed Thread