Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Playing the rush - AQs

$150 200 player live MTT. Start with T4,000. 5th round, blinds T200/400.
Hero moved to new table ~10 hands ago with ~T2,000. ~7 hands ago hero moved all in EP and stole blinds. Last two hands, hero moved all in PF with AKs (no callers, showed hand) and QQ (called by 55, hero doubles up). Hero now has ~T6,000. Still don't have any solid reads, but table has been playing a little loose. Hand after hero had QQ:
Villain = UTG+1, ~T10,000. Only seen him play one pot which he took down with some aggressive betting. Played with him briefly on another occasion, hero's read of villain is slightly loose-aggressive.
Hero = CO, ~T6,000.

Preflop:
UTG folds to villain, minraises to T800.
Table folds to hero, picks up A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero calls. Button & blinds fold.

Flop (pot = T2,200): A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain checks, hero bets T1,000. After no more than 5 seconds, villain raises to T3,000. Hero?
Old 11-19-2005, 06:06 AM

Default Re: Playing the rush - AQs

Very tough here. You really gotta work your reads and put him on a range of hands. The only hands that I think would make sense here with all the information would be possibly KQspades , A10, AK or 99/1010. Its unlikely he played KQs or A10 for a raise in UTG+1. I wouldnt be surprised if he shows 99 or 1010 here.

If you have a bad gut feeling about the hand I might just let it go. But if you fold you're going to be down to only 10BBs (an M of about 8).

If you push you're giving him about 4000 to win 6000 or about 1.3 to 1. I have a feeling hes going to call this bet pretty often and hes going to be ahead.

I'd probably give it up and try to find a favourable situation to start moving all in or stealing blinds, changing gears into major aggressive mode for a while and see if I can build a stack.

This hand is heavily read dependent, period.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:37 AM

Shove 'em in.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:11 AM

I like this- he thinks u missed- push 'em in. If he calls,i see Ax low kicker...you take him down. This will give you better table image for your Stop'n'gos going forward.

If he folds, he's going to call you next time. And you'll have him beat again. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2005, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he calls,i see Ax low kicker...you take him down.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah.. lower kicker like a ten or a 9. AJ is the only thing we're beating.