Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 01:05 AM

Default line check

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.10 BB (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP2 ($13.55)
Hero ($9.93)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $0.6</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $1.40.

Flop: ($4.45) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $11.95

I was planning on shutting down and folding to any push after the flop min raise. Is that thinking too weak-tight? After all, i just put in 70% of my stack. Should i just push here and pray he doesn't have AA, KK, QQ or a set?
Old 11-17-2005, 01:15 AM

Default Re: line check

first thing, NEVER MIN-RAISE, get out of that habbit. The only thing it will do is cost you money long term, giving every type of draw the correct odds to call. 3x raise is good so riase to like 6.5 but then against after the -2 from your stack preflop that leaves you with $7. So flop is either push fold here and i lean towards push, AA/KK/QQ is going to push all in over top of your pf re-raise. So my line is get it all in on the flop.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was planning on shutting down and folding to any push after the flop min raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

After your raise on the turn, your left with $2.93 and are committed to calling his possible reraise. Folding would be a HUGE mistake. Therefore, if your committed to calling anyway, just shove it all in on the turn instead of the donk min-raise.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:49 AM

Normally i don't min raise. Only time i do it is with a monster and against a passive fish. A push or any big raise will scare them away.

I thought this situation was good for one though. There's no flush draws and the only OESDs are with 34 or 78, and villain was pretty tight so it's unlikely he has those two hands.

I guess i just hate the idea of pushing where the only hands that can call me has me crushed.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:45 AM

But you've practically committed yourself anyway with this bet...you only have $2 left over after this $5 bet yes? Either put it all in the middle or fold it up and save the $5.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:45 AM

then call