Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2004, 09:28 AM

Default Re: 10-9 suited God I play good.

What a great post, worm. When I started to pay closer attention to the pot size, while staying tuned to the habits of other players, I really turned my game up a notch. Well played. Well earned.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:45 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

[ QUOTE ]
You are expecting me to believe that a guy with pocket aces and a 10 high board is folding the river here? Come'on now.....are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe he's so weak/tight he'd consider folding an overpair of tens heads up on a ragged flop
Old 03-23-2004, 11:53 PM

two words : pot size

nice.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:12 PM

hi worm
we're you lucky? no worm. not at all. when these weak tights raise in though, T9? what are you....where is this headed? that's trash here worm. stay out of this thing with that. there are times though when T9 on the button is great; but some nitwit has the JQ on you, and how strong are you going to be with that flush worm. not very.

when the UTG raises in, and you know that you won't be 3 betting, fold unless he's a loose loose one.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:50 AM

I don't know, I don't mind the call pre-flop. Suited connectors go up in value with lots of action correct? I'm not sure about the call on the turn though. If he is truely tight passive and you put him on an overpair..... I guess you probably are getting good pot odds but seems like a close call there.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:16 PM

I know that UTG did not put me on a straight, I know that if the SB folds I might as well muck my hand, because UTG is definitly going to pay me off, hes smart enough to know I either have 10-9 suited j-10s or jj. or possibly qq. But when the SB calls with 4 to a straight on the board how can he possibly overcall? I needed 3 things to go perfect in the river betting sequence. And they did.